drank Luscious Watermelon by DAVIDsTEA

OK- OK- I know, but I had to go and buy a Watermelon Tea!
It’s already getting in the 80’s and the POOL opens MONDAY and the GRANDKIDS will be over to SWIM! What was I to DO?! The reviews on this tea have been pretty good.

First off, hot tea. It’s evening…and hot brewed…this smelled and tasted like fruit salad. I swear there were banana’s in the mix but Nooooo, the ingredients said Nooooo banana’s. It smelled like canned fruit cocktail. I think the apple was confusing things a bit. Apple gives me the taste of linen to a tea sometimes. Uh, the apple here is what sent me to the watermellon rind flavor. I needed a moment. I walked away, and came back.

I got some ice cubes that were made from spring water just for tea and added it to chill a half cup. Chilling helped bring the melon flavor to the forefront. The higher heat was masking the melon before, possibly increasing the beetroot and apple taste.
I let the rest of the tea cool down a bit before drinking more and it tasted much nicer. Adding a bit of sweetening helped also.

This is a fruit infusion. Great for kids! Good mixer with sparkling waters or 7-up.
No caffeine! No rooibos or honeybush for allergic people like me!

I’d buy it again. I have a Cantilope Tea from Butiki, Watermelon Tea from DT and some refreshing Alchemy Blends with Mint from Verdant to refresh hot or chilled with the kids!

TeaBrat

This seems like it would be nice for summer…

Bonnie

Yep I drank the rest cool with my homemade curried turkey meatballs with mint and cilantro..(just a bit) …and salad …really a good accompaniment.

Kittenna

Ooh, I get so jealous at your meal descriptions. I have been eating very much like a student lately because I’m just too busy to do anything else. Pizza pockets for breakfast and supper? Why not! … :(

Bonnie

Listen, I make a batch in the oven and portion into freezer baggies to pull out. Use Greek yoghert garlic lemon and dill /chopped cucumber if you have it and flat bread and some greens …you can run out the door! Add tomato or feta! You get 5 meals! If you want the recipe I can PM you.

Kittenna

All of those ingredients sound delicious – yes please I’d love the recipe!

canadianadia

When I had my first sip, I thought I tasted bananas also. I’m glad I’m not the only one.

Comments

TeaBrat

This seems like it would be nice for summer…

Kittenna

All of those ingredients sound delicious – yes please I’d love the recipe!

canadianadia