drank Laoshan Black by Verdant Tea

This is the only tea that I’ve reviewed 3 times! I love this tea so much!
I’ve been gathering tea (hot pot, tea pot with stainless basket, tray, timer and a bunch of kinds of tea) items as a gift for Fr. Evan’s office at St. Spyridon and today was delivery day. Fr. Evan and I get together every 6 weeks or so to chat (the does this with the whole parish) and I know his wife and 3 little girls like the tea I sent before. This time, there would be a way to share tea with others who come for a meeting and any of the Deacons.
We chatted about tea and Steepster and life before I gave him the gift…and right away…with such a grin…he chose this Laoshan Black as the first tea to brew.
Quote: “Smells good!” Dry….
“This really doesn’t taste anything at all like bagged tea!” “Wow! This is really good and smooth!”
We talked about the flavor…the chocolate and yam like quality. He drank his straight and I sweetened mine. I had written on the Verdant bag that there could be 4 steepings…amazing information to a bagged tea drinker. It turned out that Fr. can’t drink coffee because it bothers his stomach. Tea was becoming a better choice. Aha! A victim…I now have another person to give tea to increasing my own tea community!

Kittenna

Ah ha! It was you that probably gave me the idea to try all my Verdant blacks tonight. I knew that idea had to have come from somewhere!

Jim Marks

I love serving tea to priests.

Bonnie

Yep now they have the whole setup at church in the office! When we talk about tea,
( there being a long tradition of tea used as hospitality wto visitors to monasteries) it adds another layer of communication that I can share and that he can now share with others also. He was excited about it! Scurrying around setting everything up and wanting a cup right then. We spent 2hrs chatting and drinking tea!

Comments

Kittenna

Jim Marks

I love serving tea to priests.

Bonnie