Thank you again Stacy for this Sample tea

How does Stacy find such unusual tea’s? So far I’ve had coin shaped Pu-erh, hand wrapped little cigars of green tea, tea from small farms in Africa. Now a tea with dancing needles!
The handwritten note on my latest order instructed me to brew this Daba in a clear glass vessel because the needles stand up in the water! Oh really?!

I was having company this afternoon and thought it would be fun to share this special tea. The needles at first went to the top of the glass…then the tails dropped like little sea horses and danced in the pale liquor. Little green legs…dangling down…waiting for a wave or current to carry them further out to sea. How fun to watch!

First sip…the flavor was somewhat bitter. Maybe I had oversteeped in my excitement. The taste is very subtle and not very vegital. There is a bit of hay and tannin. The presentation was keen but the flavor was not that good.

Later in the evening, I thought I would give the tea a second chance. First steepings are often not the best. I should have known better (duh) and immediately steeped again.

I’m so glad I resteeped this tea! There is a sweetness that I did not expect! The tannin is there but gentle, there is juice and a light spinach flavor which is delightful.

Other aspects of this tea:
This tea created a nice tea buzz! Really! This was noticed by both me and my guest. You could feel the little electricity that tea can bring to the center of your body…then to the brain and back in such an interesting way. I know we’ve all felt this before…but this tea was a really good conductor! Just say’in….

Thanks Stacy!

Kittenna

Interesting, you also found that the second steeping was better. Maybe my brewing of the two teas I tried tonight wasn’t as off as I thought?

Indigobloom

Have you tried glitter and gold yet? it sparkles in the glass infuser! ;P

Butiki Teas

I noticed the tea buzz in this tea too! I love how you describe the leaves as sea horses. Hmmm, the first infusion shouldn’t have been bitter. Perhaps I added too much tea in the sample pouch. I’ve noticed this tea is a tad on the fussy side. Glad the second infusion turned out better.

Bonnie

I shared this so the water was about 6oz. but maybe a tad too long the first infusion. (Had been tasting lots of tea earlier and rushed to find my strainer!) All my fault probably Stacy!

Butiki Teas

I tend to go a little heavy on the samples in case some tea spills or not all of it makes it out of the baggie. I probably added too much tea to the sample.

Bonnie

Stop! You can never add too much! I’m greedy!

Comments

Kittenna

Indigobloom

Have you tried glitter and gold yet? it sparkles in the glass infuser! ;P

Bonnie

Stop! You can never add too much! I’m greedy!

Colorado Grandma