Thank you Jason for this unexpected HUGE tea Sample!

The background on this tea is…as I have been told by Jason is that while in Greece, he and his wife discovered this Middle Eastern Black Tea which is served “everywhere” (must be the Nescafe of tea’s) and they loved it. But, you can’t get it in the U.S. However, you can order it by the CASE…(which they did).
Now I have my generous sample! The package has Arabic, Indian, and English lettering… #1 Quality Orange Pekoe Tea from India! (Like a warning…all others keep out!)

I drank so much tea yesterday…arh…that I thought I’d ease into it slowly today! A tea bag instead of a whole pot of tea sounded brilliant! If this was meh…I’d toss the bag!

My translation of the Arabic (not) was to steep 4 minutes.
Oh yes! This was to be my one and only Lipton ephiphany! I was rolling over laughing! It served me right and just goes to show that any tea brand (even Lipton) can be so good when you least expect it.
The flavor was malty and rich…deep, without astringency. I thought it tasted smooth and full bodied so I added some milk and sweetening which made the perfect breakfast cup.

How did I miss this tea when I was in Turkey and Greece?!
(I was too busy drinking Mythos Beer!) OPA!

Thanks Jason! (I have 99 bags to go!)

Dinosara

Yay for Mythos! I drank it often when I was studying abroad in Greece years ago.

Glad you liked it :)

Bonnie

(Should I make up a song like the 99 bottles of beer on the wall or something to honor the fact that I have 99 bags of this nice tea in my cupboard and I can do a countdown?!) Just sayin….

jason

He he he. We have started using it to make a variation on Southern Sweet tea in a large pitcher that is actually better than anything we’ve made for that purpose before just to move through them at a higher rate. @ steepster readers: if anyone has even the smallest desire to give this one a go, send me a PM and I will send it your way!

Comments

Dinosara

Glad you liked it :)