After my dark and stormy night experience (and another to come), I chose a favorite Puerh from Butiki to enjoy and review a second time.
The morning was cool and I remembered the flavors well enough as comforting and smooth.

I did a quick wash of the small pressed puerh coin and steeped the tea 1.5 minutes in a gaiwan. I learned from my first experience that this little jewel takes a bit of waiting for the first liquor to release.

Oh this was good. So sweet and smooth. This was a puerh that enveloped me in everything I love about puerh’s. A bit of desired, craved earthiness, the comfort, richness and a mouthfeel that is like you’ve just eaten a flaky buttered pastry. (like baked filo dough?)

I made a second and third steeping…all at longer than the suggested
steep time. I do like my puerh’s bold. At 1 minute to 1.5 the time was just right for me. Not bitter or too over the top. PERFECT!
So, So, So, yummy! (I do not use that word very often!)

Hope all those facing storms today are well! ;)

Skulleigh

We had some of those storms as well, down here in Texas. The wind was whipping around like crazy too. Glad you didn’t blow away :)

Comments

Skulleigh

Colorado Grandma