Second review.

I noticed a few people revisiting this remarkable Oolong again and realized that today was an Oolong day for me. Beginning with Butiki then Teavivre and in the wee hours…a last nightcap with Verdant. A tender cup to send me sweetly to sleep. I have plans for my supply to go to a new home…because someone loves this too much for me to hold onto it. I suppose this is a farewell.

I wrote much about this Oolong the first time. As I learn more about tea, I am learning more than a set of rules on preparation or flavor profiles. When I look into the cup there is a world of memories and sensory wonders…magical associations that are sometimes inexplicable. I try and more often than not, fail to express what happens with something so simple as a single sip of tea.

One sip…

Wearing a green floral robe…a liquid golden Dervish is revealed turning around and around to a rhythmic beat… teasing the tongue with spice and saffron.

The mouth fills with the taste of melted butter swirling like a whirlpool and overflowing with small sweet orchids in rippling pools.

In the waning heat of early evening…when the breeze begins to cool the earth, to sit by the fountain on an ottoman…inhaling the fragrance of grass and herbs, flowers and spice…the waning of what has been warmed by the air.

This is the one sip…which is this tea… for me.

(I hope noone finds this/me too strange, it is very late)

Tawny Kira

I actually loved this review- it was like painting a picture in my mind of a whole experience instead of just describing a tea :)

Indigobloom

oh no Bonnie, your reviews are like poetry!

You are both gracious!

Charles Thomas Draper

I love your reviews!

Bonnie

Really? Sometimes living alone I think I’m tossing words off a cliff. I appreciate your comment!

Comments

Tawny Kira

Indigobloom

oh no Bonnie, your reviews are like poetry!

You are both gracious!