Thanks Stacy for this fantastic Sample!

This is a new tea! Stacy is coming out with a whole slew of tea’s soon and I can’t wait to find out what’s in store for all of us who know just how good her tea’s are!

At first, I was expecting an organic, naturally flavored tea…a nice afternoon pick-ME-up before heading off to pick up the 3 granddaughters who are treking from their ranch into town (about 5 miles). I’ll do a run to get them and we’ll have tea at my place, then I take them home.

To my surprise, this tea wasn’t flavored (the name Spring Twist tricked me).
My steep time was 2 minutes at 175F.
I was greated with the most fragrant salty spinach scented vapor raising from vibrant green leaves in my brew basket. Yum!

I’ve learned that all things spinachy in a basket don’t necessarily taste like spinach when poured… any more than wet Pu-erh leaves smelling like kerosene and leather taste that way as well.

The first sip… oh my, was like baby white corn on the cob. Sweet, young corn as juicy as if you had just picked it off the stalk. The kind of kernals that ‘pop’ with juice when you bite into them…and buttery.
This tea was thick with creaminess. There was no astringency or hint of tannin…no daggers of bitterness. Just a little salt, some fresh butter sweet cream.

I thought a bit before pouring another cup.

What if the corn was even a little sweeter? Not really sweet, but like the best of the Summer sweet white corn?
So I did it!
I added about a half teaspoon sweetening to just see if I could replicate that much loved flavor…and it was perfect.
(The saltiness of the tea is usually how I judge if sweetening will enhance a tea or not.)
I couldn’t taste any sugary addition but I could taste more sweet corn.

Since this tea has not been listed on the Butiki Website as yet, I’ll transfer my review or update the information when it becomes available… but I couldn’t wait.
I wanted to let Stacy know how much I enjoyed this tea. It is really good!

Thanks Stacy! Looking forward to all the new tea’s!!!

SimpliciTEA

Sounds wonderful. I am looking forward to her new selection of teas as well.

Invader Zim

This sounds so good I am now hungry for sweet summer white corn!

DaisyChubb

mmm sounds so good!

chaijeeyah

I have also received a sample of this, unexpectedly :)

Bonnie

OOOOOOO Good! Stacy must be ready to post some of the new tea’s!

Butiki Teas

Bonnie, Yes, the Organic Spring Twist & Dragon Tip should be going up on Monday along with a surprise tea and some new sales and a customer appreciation offer. We just got finished lowering our shipping costs, so a whole lot is going on. Plus 27ish other teas still set to come in. The next few months should be pretty busy.

HOORAY! SO HAPPY!

Kittenna

This does not look like a good situation for my wallet :/

Comments

SimpliciTEA

Sounds wonderful. I am looking forward to her new selection of teas as well.

Invader Zim

This sounds so good I am now hungry for sweet summer white corn!

DaisyChubb

mmm sounds so good!

chaijeeyah

I have also received a sample of this, unexpectedly :)

Bonnie

OOOOOOO Good! Stacy must be ready to post some of the new tea’s!

Butiki Teas