drank Marco Polo by Mariage Frères

Tonight I had a killer sweet-tooth that would not go away!

I thought about drinking a sweet flavored tea to curb the urge to completely blow it and dig around in the cupboard for my hidden small stash of Godiva Chocolate Gems. However, I knew that if I found them I would eat them all!

What to do?

I remembered the Sour Cherry Jam in the frig that I opened for my grandson to have in his Russian Tea recently.
Aha!
A few tablespoons would be a tasty dessert at the bottom of my teacup.

The next step was picking the right tea.
Russian tea would have been the logical selection. Being the Bonnie that I am, I passed by that suggestion and soon remembered that I had some Marco Polo out intended for the morning. That tea and the jam would go well together.

I prepared the teapot: Poured the tea…
The Marco Polo Tea was fruity but floral and a little smoky. This combination was perfect with my Sour Cherry Jam melting at the bottom of the cup…swirled with my spoon, scooped up into my mouth bit by yummy bit. I drank 2 mugs of this sweet jammy tea, slurping and swirling and gnoshing the scoops of cherry bits.

Very satisfying to my sweet-tooth.

I’m so bad!

Ninavampi

Interesting idea… I might have to try this one day!

You’re bad in a good way! :)

Bonnie

Was handed a cup of tea like this by Fr. Basil a few years ago at St.Nikolas Russian Orthodox Church ….really good and kids like it as a treat in the Winter!

Invader Zim

I’ve never heard of putting jam in your tea, but it sounds like it would be really good!

Bonnie

It’s not my idea. It’s a Russian Tea custom usually with a floral smoky type of tea. A soft spicy tea could be good too in the Winter!

tigress_al

I like hearing about your experiments! Sounds delicious!

pyarkaaloo

sounds delicious! i never in my wildest dreams thought of putting jam in my tea…what a good idea!! sour cherry no less…would love to experiment now with my teas in the same way :)

Comments

Ninavampi

Interesting idea… I might have to try this one day!

You’re bad in a good way! :)

Invader Zim

tigress_al

I like hearing about your experiments! Sounds delicious!

pyarkaaloo