Second review

I slept in today…had to…stayed up with the other late night Steepsters until 2am chatting away. It happens sometimes.
The luxury for me is that I don’t have to work ever again! Tap dance!
My idea of spoiling myself in the A.M. is a fantastic Black Tea or Puerh by the Pot. Not a cup full of tea…a WHOLE POT all to myself on a tray.
I take my tray to the couch and have a paper and pen ready to jot my tasting notes. That is how my morning begins. What could be better?
(I can think of some better things too…but this is dang good!) ;)

The last time I enjoyed this Puerh I had a different experience compared to today. It goes to show that it is important to revisit and retaste tea. You never know what can change due to mood, awareness, brewing method,etc.
This time I steeped 5 minutes (shorter than last time) after a quick 20 second rinse. The liquor was dark brown and smelled bready.
The flavor was salty and had the taste of a Trisket Cracker but without the rough mouthfeel. This was not an earthy, dirty Puerh. It was smooth and mild but still rich and full bodied.
On my first review, I was not inclined to add sugar and cream for a latte. Now, since I could taste saltiness I thought it would be worth a try.
These additions were wonderful. The Puerh became a salted caramel delight that had depth of flavor. The caramel and salt with the classic (though mild) Puerh flavor reaching well into the nose at the finish.

Really good!

My first review was not incorrect but based on that day and a different steeping time and method.
This second review using a Western brew method and shorter steeping time produced a completely different experience.

Up goes my rating from 87….to 93!

Colorado Grandma