Thank you Stacy for this Tea!

This is the first review of one of Stacy’s new tea’s.

About a month or so ago, I was chatting (PM) with Stacy and told her that I thought Butiki should/could create a Pineapple Oolong Tea. I noticed that many people on Steepster enjoy pineapple but seemed to have a hard time finding that taste in a tea that they really liked. I tried to buy a highly reguarded pineapple tea myself but it was always unavailable. I pushed poor Stacy a little, she thought it over, did her amazing flavor magic, and here is the result…Flowery Pineapple Oolong!

I was waiting for the Post all this morning…where’s that Butiki Box?!
Watered the plants, cleaned house…and finally…the Post arrived!
Ripping open the package, then beginning the brewing of my pot of tea was one fluid movement. (There should be a program called ‘Dancing with your Tea’ because I would win!) I had fresh spring water in my electric kettle…so swoop, heat, pour water in the teapot…done.

It was a long 4 minute steeping! ‘bing’

The liquor was pale yellow and steaming with the scent of orchids and tropical fruit.

I took a sip…and Oh Stacy! The flavor was the softest pillow of pineapple resting on a bed of sweet fragrant white orchids. The tip of my tongue tasted some pineapple tang. That tangy taste was from the perfect blending of natural pineapple bits and Oolong tea leaves.
This was super juicy and super creamy…even…yes… an exotic experience that transported me to a cool Island Beach lined with Palm Trees. Relaxing! Ahhhh! (Where is that Old Spice commercial guy?)

There was a little temptation that I gave in to.

Reaching into the steeping basket…I picked out a piece of pineapple and chewed on that one piece slowly… while sipping my tea. It was almost sinful…(but not)… it tasted so good!

I added sweetening, and my cup came alive with pineapple goodness. (Stacy suggests raw brown sugar crystals).

You could almost make this a cocktail worthy of Rum and a decorative umbrella! Chilled this tea doesn’t get bitter! OH…the possibilities are endless!!!

Another little thing I do with melon or acidic fruit tea’s (like pineapple) is place some sea salt in the palm of my hand (just a little), taste the salt…then drink some tea. The flavor of the fruit POPS.

My 2 cents worth:
It’s important to let tea companies know what we, the consumers, are interested in drinking. They often listen. Butiki is one of the companies that is customer oriented and listens to us. There are others that do the same. Hooray for them!!!!

Great job creating a fabulous tea again Stacy! Stupendous!

http://youtu.be/-MRMqsP9Kb0 The Pineapple Song

tigress_al

This sounds soooo good! What a stand-out company of Butiki to be so involved with customer feedback.

Butiki Teas

I was planning out a white tea with pineapple but you really convinced me to go with a pineapple oolong and I am so glad I did! It wouldn’t have had the wonderful delicate orchid notes or the butteryness. I love Wen Shan Bao Zhong and it just made such a lovely base. Thank you so much for the recommendation Bonnie! Those freeze-dried pineapple pieces are so yummy. They certainly are difficult not to eat. Great music video too. Now I’m in a very tropical mood.

Tawny Kira

Oh my goodness! This sounds so delicious!!

Azzrian

Oh MY MY MY this does sound SO good!

I am going to need this tea… drinks tea as fast as possible

Kittenna

Also, bahahaha, Dancing with your Tea! Love it! Did you watch that video on Teavivre’s site where that guy dances with a teapot with an incredibly long spout, and makes a big show of pouring it? I can’t recall who posted it (other than Teavivre), was it you? Or Azzrian?

Kittenna

It was quite beautiful/amazing! I wonder if I can find it for you…

Not me I have not seen it but going to watch it now lol

Bonnie

Well, here you go girls…so eye candy! Tropical http://youtu.be/3R2cnxz27LI Old Spice!

Bonnie

WOW! I watched the video…and…ouch if you miss…you are seriously burned! WOW!

Kittenna

Mmmmm, Old Spice guy ;) A couple girls I know actually met him. Soooo jealous.

Bonnie

When I met my ex-husband he was that good looking. I’d rather nice than cute any day! Blech on mean people!!! (that guy is…well…he has a nice personality!!!) ;)

Kittenna

Oh yes, me too. Old Spice guy seems really nice :D It seems my ex kind of fell into the other category though… :(

Kittenna

Agreed :D I’m still suffering from a broken heart, so it would probably do me some good :P

Kittenna

(To avoid confusion, the ex I am referring to here is not the one from Northern Ireland. :P)

Ninavampi

Dancing with your tea competition… That sounds amazing!!! I actually stopped and thought about it for a few minutes… hahaha…

Comments

tigress_al

Butiki Teas

Tawny Kira

Oh my goodness! This sounds so delicious!!

Azzrian

Oh MY MY MY this does sound SO good!

I am going to need this tea… drinks tea as fast as possible

Kittenna

It was quite beautiful/amazing! I wonder if I can find it for you…

Not me I have not seen it but going to watch it now lol

Bonnie

WOW! I watched the video…and…ouch if you miss…you are seriously burned! WOW!

Kittenna

Mmmmm, Old Spice guy ;) A couple girls I know actually met him. Soooo jealous.

Ninavampi