drank Exotica by DAVIDsTEA

Thank you TheTeaFairy for this Sample

TheTeaFairy wrote a note on this sample that said “very good and refreshing iced”, so I did just that!
I made a strong brew…and when finished I put my nose to the brew basket and loved the scent so much that the lightbulbs in my head started to activate…bing…bing…bing…in the creative cooking section.
I ignored the lightbulbs.
All of them extinguished…but one.
The “heat up some coconut milk and infuse the tea in it” lightbulb stayed on and I couldn’t resist the urge and gave in. I did what it commanded me to do.
Back to my original plan, the brewed tea that was ready to pour over ice…was now plopped and in the frig.
I heated coconut milk, put the brew basket in and let it sit for awhile to steep. 10 minutes later, done.

30 minutes later…here is the review!

Iced Tea:
This is indeed delicious! There is a creaminess and natural sweetness from coconut and honey. The spices are pretty tame but lend an air of exotic (as the name implies) richness that makes me think “Indian Food” and of “Curry”. I almost want to add curry powder to this or steep rice in the tea! Which leads me on to why I had the lightbulbs going ping in my head!
Heated Infused Coconut Milk:
The steeped hot version is fabulous! I took a sip and am saving the rest to cook with later. I think that this tea would be best used by me as an addion to my Indian Spice Box. Steeping Coconut Milk for Rice Desserts and Curry would be sooo good. Even a bread pudding with regular milk would be fantastic! OK!
There isn’t an overwhelming amount of lemongrass flavor to me. Even the cardamon is not strong. The bite comes from cloves.

I really like this soooo much! Getting some for myself!

P.S.
I ended up using the infused coconut milk for a tasty curry risotto that was so good alongside a cold curried pea salad with smoked almonds. Must be curry day!

Colorado Grandma