drank Organic Blue Nettle by Butiki Teas

Second Review

The first time I tried this interesting looking tea I was a bit timid. I had never seen tea cigars before. Little hand rolled tea leaves several inches long and gorgeous. I wanted to steep exactly as the instructions specified so I was watching the unfolding as much as I was tasting the tea.

This time, I completely ignored the look of the leaves and went straight for favor.
I steeped this tea a little longer and ended up with a rich honey colored liquor.
Everything about the artichokey, vegital flavors listed as typical for this tea went…zip… out the window.

What I tasted was malt and fruit. Whoa…wait…hold on! Is that possible?

I tasted the smoothest honied malt with a hint of smoke at the end and a bite of astringency on the tongue-tip.
Did someone mix darjeeling, assam or black tea with this green tea? How can this be a green tea? It has to be some kind of crossover mutant tea!

If you have any of this tea, steep some a little longer and tell me what you think!

Unbelievable!

Butiki Teas

I will have to try this, sounds interesting! I also love Amy Oh’s suggestion for cold brewing this tea. It has quite an interesting lemony flavor.

Bonnie

I did chill some and it’s fantastic! (I used what you sent with the pineapple oolong shipment …of this tea) .Do you think that where this green is grown had made it more malty?

Butiki Teas

That could be. I will have to try at a longer brew so I can taste the malty-ness. I’m very curious about that.

Comments

Butiki Teas

Bonnie