drank Checkmate by DAVIDsTEA

I reviewed this tea 5 months ago when I was just a wee baby Steepster.
Now I must be an adolescent. A teenaged Steepster, not quite respectable and wise like my elders who’ve been here for a long, long while. My irreverance irratates many I’m sure.

I remember when fun flavored tea was all the rage with me. Packages of DavidsTea from Canada arriving at my home in Colorado was a thrill. I can’t believe that in such a short time I’ve learned so much about tea and that I drink mostly unflavored or naturally flavored tea now.

To revisit and reevaluate tea gives you a chance to see where you’ve come from and test your palate to see how your taste has changed.
Tonight, in drinking Check Mate, I took another look at what was a pretty nice cup of coconut scented tea 5 months past. Would I still rate this tea the same today?

Review:
The flavor was coconut but with a sour aftertaste that I associate with artificial flavoring. I don’t like it at all. A nice cup of tea with promise of cocoa and coconut just gets ruined with bad flavoring.
The sourness is overwhelming. Ick! The cup is all mucked up! I’ve become spoiled by high quality tea’s to the extent that this Check Mate mess is not good at all anymore. I don’t want to do it but I have got to downgrade this tea. Meh! Petoowy!

Kittenna

Awww, my cup of this today was definitely still quite delicious, in spite of the fact that I too feel like I’m leaning more towards unflavoured teas instead the outrageously flavoured ones. No sourness at all. Perhaps it was a bad brew? I’ve managed to wreck this one before :(

Azzrian

I am already beginning to feel the same way. Its sort of sad really in a way. Innocence lost.

Bonnie

Now don’t let’s start talking about innocence lost at this time of night/morning! Why are you up anyway? It’s 1:15 here…you must be crazy!

Azzrian

LOL its 2:22 here now – I am a night owl by nature and am TRYING to get on a day schedule which is not working :)
Its still early by my norm though I go to bed around day break normally Ugggg hard to change what is a part of ones core being. Vampire ancestors perhaps hummmm.

Bonnie

Fibromyalgia causes me to have trouble sleeping sometimes. I can sleep in though. Noone to complain either. I don’t take naps hardly ever…but the smoke has been disturbing me from the fires and the temp has been over 100 for days. We should be lower in the 90’s the rest of the week. Poor Colorado. 13 fires, heat and wind. 2000 firefighters just in the fire behind my home. Jasong (on Steepster) works by the other fire in Colorado Springs. Gets to you. Anyway, I’m going to try to sleep. I hope I can leave my house tomorrow. When the smoke is bad it gives me migraines so I have to stay locked indoors.

Kittenna

Sigh… it’s 3:30 here…. and I have a dentist appt at 10am. Silly Steepster addiction…

Bonnie

I’d be up stressing about the dentist too! I remember a dentist once that looked like Robert Redford when he was young…really cute. It was awful laying in the chair looking up at this gorgous man (single too) with my mouth in one of those shield things…so gross!!!! I was in my 20’s. MORTIFIED!

Addiction? What addiction?…shakes…quivers….who…me…?

Rest well Bonnie and Krystaleyn Get to sleep young lady LOL
I am going myself :) To TRY to sleep.

OK MA!

tigress_al

It’s funny how tastes change. Not sleeping isn’t very fun though. I watched a kinda scary tv show and now I can’t sleep :{

You need cocoa!

Cocoa Channel!

TeaBrat

Bonnie, you tea snob! Kidding, I totally feel the same way. I have learned so much about tea in the year I’ve been here.

Bonnie

I’m a tea snoot not a tea snob!

Invader Zim

I’ve become the same way with flavor teas, they don’t seem as fun and exciting anymore, no it’s all about the nonflavored teas! Funny how tastes change.

Bonnie

I do like the naturally flavored tea’s and blends though. Not the fake flavors though. Fake flavor is sour! Leaves a terrible aftertaste and goes bad on the shelf.

Comments

Kittenna

Addiction? What addiction?…shakes…quivers….who…me…?

Rest well Bonnie and Krystaleyn Get to sleep young lady LOL
I am going myself :) To TRY to sleep.

OK MA!

tigress_al

You need cocoa!

Cocoa Channel!

TeaBrat

Bonnie

I’m a tea snoot not a tea snob!

Invader Zim