drank Smoky Chocolate by 52teas

I had a little bit of this sample from Amanda left in the bin…and decided to purge…(such an ugly word)…the rest from my ‘Monster Tea Cupboard’. (My tea cupboard is alive and Claws at me with Talons and Tenticles as I walk past it in the kitchen! Creepy!)I think it’s time for some of the naughtier tea’s to ‘Another One Bite’s the Dust’ and some of the tablespoon sized hanger-on-ers to ‘Hit the Road Jack’!(You know you have um too!)

I found little hanger-on-er Smoky Chocolate 52teas in a little zip packet hiding on the top shelf bin. It smiled a half smile at me and turned swiftly to slink back into the darker part of the cupboard. I swiftly scooped Smoky up and poured the leaves into my brew basket before little 52tea knew what happened. (I did hear a tiny voice “…” explative…!)
Boiling water and a 4 minute steep transformed my friend into a medium smoke liquor tasting malty but not very chocolatey.
The flavor is pleasant…not bad, but not chocolate or mocha or cocoa.
I had likened the flavor in my first review to a Necco Wafer Chocolate Candy, and that’s where I stand. A little chalky, malty and smoky.
The recommendation would have to be that this is a smoky tea and that it’s smooth and fairly good tasting. The saving grace is that the flavoring used was not bad and leaves no sour aftertaste!

Adios little tea!