Last of this Pu-erh from Ian (and by the way where is our friend IAN?)

It’s been months since I reviewed this Pu-erh…and a lot of Pu-erh has been DRUNK by me. Or should I say has been DRUNKEN. That’s better. I’ve been drinking Pu-erhs for months since then and enjoying myself.I’ve had lots more experience with and can tell a real difference between review 1 and what I am tasting in this review.
This flavor is not horribly bad. There is a nose and taste to the
Pu-erh that resembles bean sprouts and is dusty tasting. I did a rinse of the leaves so that’s not an issue. You’d almost swear that someone threw in a small handful of potting soil because the sour earthiness is present but not in the usual warm and inviting way. I wish the flavor was more caramel or salty rich flavored but it’s not. The mushroom taste that I detected the first time around, well…it got lost in the dustiness. I looked in the cup and it’s cloudy. Not that great a Pu-erh.
No bells and whistles. Ah.

This is good confirmation that my taste must be improving. (Now Amy Oh had better not make a comment about me being a tea snob…I’ll get sensitive!)
We all become transformed after a time by the access to the fantastic variety of wondrous tea’s. It’s bound to happen that we change and appreciate quality tea…and that our palate developes.

Onward and upward!

Jim Marks

drunk, drunken? drank? drinked? drinken?

Bonnie

Drunken!I’ve been tea drunk enough for it to qualify as DRUNKEN!

Michelle

Yes, where did Ian go?

TeaBrat

tee hee – you know I was only teasing!

Bonnie

You KNOW you want to say it!

DaisyChubb

Yeah, where is Ian? I miss that boy ; 3;

Bonnie

Maybe he has a girlfriend! I know he can’t drive yet! Yooohoooo Ian, did Teavana suck you into a sales pitch?!

Kittenna

My assumption is that Ian is finishing exams about now, and probably too busy to be on here :)

Comments

Jim Marks

drunk, drunken? drank? drinked? drinken?

Bonnie

Drunken!I’ve been tea drunk enough for it to qualify as DRUNKEN!

Michelle

Yes, where did Ian go?

TeaBrat

tee hee – you know I was only teasing!

Bonnie

You KNOW you want to say it!

DaisyChubb