Yoo Hoo! Canned Tea!

How low can you go? (get it, CAN…ha ha)

Granddaughter Schey came over and we wandered over to Old Town for
a light dinner at the ‘WAFFLE LAB’.
Oh yes boys and girls, Fort Collins boasts a wonderous black box of a food truck that has the best waffles on the planet! AND, it’s in the parking lot smack dab next to one of the many Breweries our town is know for. (What’s not to like about this scene so far.)

Now Schey is 18 and can’t go to Pub’s unless, she’s sitting outside with Grandma eating WAFFLES! This was lot’s of fun for her. Some young women in platform heels going to a bachelorette party came by for waffles. Lots of good looking young men came by for waffles. A great people watching venue to be sure!

I ordered a chedder, mozzerella, smoked ham with fresh basil maple waffle sandwich. Oh ouch it was soooo good! (no tomatoes, allergic)

Then with it a Super Sized 23.5oz. Green (has Black tea too) naturally Mango Flavored, Pure Cane Juice, Honey and Ginseng TEA. CHILLED! In a CAN!

Uh huh! CAN, CAN, CAN!

Right about then, (as we sat down at the outdoor covered Brewery and Waffle Lab shared lounge) music came on and it was party time. People at the nearby tables were friendly, we met some neighbors…chatted and laughed. This was the best small town Saturday Night magic.

My can of tea was refreshing and light. Yes, I was skeptical about the ginseng and cane juice. Would this be one of those too sweet drinks? Absolutely not! The natural favor was soft and the sweetening just right and not too sugary. The blend of green with black tea gave body to the blend without bitterness.
In all, a very nice CAN of tea!

Perfect with my Waffle Lab dinner.

(Here’s a piece of trivia…Main Street U.S.A. at Disneyland is
modeled after College Avenue, Fort Collins…in Old Town.)

ScottTeaMan

What an enjoyable post Bonnie! :))

Thanks Scott!

Kittenna

Waffle Lab! Awesome!

Skulleigh

Hehe, now that’s dedication – reviewing canned tea :D

TheTeaFairy

reading about your town is like learning and discovering new places and characters in a novel I’d be slowly reading and enjoying every day…. the city mayor should name you Fort Colins ambassador of the year!

Bonnie

I moved from Silicon Valley 1,000,000 to Fort Collins 150,000 residents. I’ve never lived in a place where shopkeepers know you and people are friendly and helpful. It’s like I’ve been plunked down onto a movie set! (And I Love It!)

Hesper June

Wow, 150,000 still seems a lot to this country bumpkin!
I grew up in the countryside….where everyone knows TOO much about your business…sometimes even before you do:)
But, I know what you mean, its the personal touches that you receive in a smaller community that make everything better.
And I like reading about your town as well, as TeaFairy said, it is like a well written novel!

Bonnie

A few years ago this was at the top of the Best Places To Live list ..Boulder is still the #1 happiest. I got lucky!

Comments

ScottTeaMan

What an enjoyable post Bonnie! :))

Thanks Scott!

Kittenna

Waffle Lab! Awesome!

Skulleigh

Hehe, now that’s dedication – reviewing canned tea :D

TheTeaFairy

Hesper June

Wow, 150,000 still seems a lot to this country bumpkin!

Colorado Grandma