Thank you Roughage for this beautiful Sample (ha) tea!

Today I received a ‘sample’ box from the U.K. with a Postal label that said Royal Mail! Now isn’t that nice. Colorado has no such stamps. Maybe a stamp of an antelope playing on the range (where seldom is heard a discouraging word).

With a stamp like that I couldn’t just rip the box open. I had to put the pinky up and delicately open the parcel. Yikes! Nobody told my new best Steepster friend that a little bit of tea would be just fine (don’t get ideas, he now knows that a wee little bit will be ok to send in the future!).
That box had lots of tea…and all new to me. One tea (a Pu-erh) is used for making Yak Butter Tea! Oh, and Roughage sent me a Chai Butter Tea recipe that I’ll share during the Olympics so I can go all U.K.

Cool!

I chose first this tea for this evening after supper. I had a small alderwood smoked white meat chop and fresh sauteed spinach greens. Simple.
A fruity White Tea would pair well followed by some fresh cherries later in the evening.

There was about an ounce of dry mix in the vacume bag that just looked healthy. Green with white fur jasmine silver needle and lots of fruity bits. Other big green leaves and brown twiggy things. No idea what all is in there. Smells like heaven though.
The steep time was 4-6 min. at 176F (80C)

When ready, the light yellow pour was fruitliy fragrant not floral.
I took a big gulp.
Now this was good jasmine white tea! So smooth and creamy for a white at what I consider was a long steep time.
The fruitiness was mouth-watering. I could taste some of the strawberry and pineapple but no citrus. The blend was harmonious. The addition of fruit softens the jasmine, which can sometimes be overpowering.
And….NO ASTRINGENCY!

This is really, really good! Even jasmine sceptics would like this tea.

Thank you so much Roughage for this beautiful tea! I can’t wait to try all the others! I could have a party during the Olympics with the tea you sent! Come and join in!

Azzrian

LOL Bonnie I always smile when I get something from the UK and see that too! :)

Bonnie

He really did send me a ton of tea and a recipe for Butter Chai Tea with milk that I want to make for my grandkids during the Olympics. Will be fun!

Pureleaf

Sounds amazing! Got add to my shopping list immediately. :)

Roughage

I’m glad you enjoyed it. It’s nice to share.

Autumn Hearth

In addition to the tea, alderwood smoked anything sounds amazing! I miss Colorado and Montana food, I think everything tastes better there. Must be the mountain air tempered with wood grilling.

Bonnie

I’ve been fortunate to live close to good resources in Northern California also. I always cook in season though, locally sources foods and organic. My monthly budget is only $200 but I eat like a queen. No packaged stuff hardly ever (I don’t make pasta), less meat and more veggies. I have almost as many herbs and spices as tea. I think you can cook well wherever you are. Good spice resources online are Cube Marketplace (L.A.) and Savory Spice Shop ( Savory is in Colorado…I have one in town here).

Comments

Azzrian

LOL Bonnie I always smile when I get something from the UK and see that too! :)

Pureleaf

Sounds amazing! Got add to my shopping list immediately. :)

Roughage

I’m glad you enjoyed it. It’s nice to share.

Autumn Hearth