drank Meditative Mind by The Tea Spot

Thank you Bo at the Tea Spot for this Sample Tea

One of the first tea’s I loved was a Rose tea. It surprised me that I didn’t gag like I was drinking perfume…. even though it smelled like cologne.
I never liked the Bottled Rose Syrup my Nephew David slathered on pancakes or favored in Baklava (a taste he came to love on Cyprus where he was born).
Tea was different somehow. The flavor was always sweet but more like soft floral honey.

When I opened this tea packet from The Tea Spot the whole top half was pretty packed with pretty Rose Buds.
I dug around looking for the Jasmine tea strands to gather bits for a good cup to brew. It was hard to control the amount considering the size of the flowers and white leaves so I used a large mug and finum basket with a little more leaf and water.
The temperature is suggested 176F for 2-4 minutes. (I would go for the full 4 minutes!)

The flavor was a good balance of Jasmine and Rose. Very floral and not very astringent at all, (I think that’s what other reviews referred to as harshness).
To get the most out of the beautiful floral flavor I would add sweetening. There’s no way I would drink this without sweetness to make the flowers nectar. Even honey would be an acceptable addition, especially a very mild wildflower honey.

A calming tea that is exactly as the name implies…good for quiet time and relaxation.

Colorado Grandma