drank Pineapple Oolong by Lupicia

Thank you Will Work For Tea for this Sample!

Tonight granddaughter Megan (OldSoul on Steepster) and I are trying a couple of Oolongs and I’ve started a box of tea samples to get her started with her Steepster reviews.

This was our first tasting.

I tried to brew this Pineapple Oolong in a small pot which became a disaster. Too much water to Oolong tea produced a weak liquor. Bleh.
This would be part of this evenings learning experience! I wasn’t going to quit!
Reaching for my 4oz Gaiwan, I transfered the wet leaves and began steeping in the Gaiwan for 2 minutes.
Now the liquor was rich and yellow, full of orchid and pineapple scent.
This was what I had hoped for.
Megan smiled.
We added a little sweetening and sipped the smooth, pineapple flavored tea.
One of the things I pointed out to her was the change in texture as the tea cooled. The discovery of butteriness was something new for Megan. She was surprised at how floral the tea became as the cooling increased and how sweet the tea was without hardly any sugar.
Ah…
This was what I had hoped for.
What a delight to drink tea with Megan.

Although the Oolong orchid flavor is quite tasty, the pineapple is not nearly as good and pronounced as the Butiki Oolong which I prefer.

Colorado Grandma