drank Coconut Cabana by The Tea Spot

Thank you Bo from The Tea Spot for this Sample!

When I tasted this Coconut Oolong I was expecting a ‘taste sensation’! (I am a lover of coconut and to pair the flavor with Oolong is just the best combination!)
When I poured the liquor it was clear and not cloudy like some Milky Oolongs.
There were bits of natural coconut in the brew basket mixed with the dark green tea… and the scent of coconut and flowers was steaming hot from the light yellow liquor in my cup.

The flavor was definately coconut! Good,good,good!

I tasted a little vegital background…ok… and to be expected with an Oolong. The vegital taste was covered well enough by the milky smooth, floral creaminess of the tea.
There was a good deal of astringency biting at my tongue. A tiny sourness too. Hum. It didn’t annoy me really. The flavor was too good for anything to be annoying!

I added sweetening. Come on, of course I added sweetening. This is a tea that cries for elevation to sublime dessertness!

Aha! That was more like it and took that sour/astringent edge almost all the way gone!

Natural coconut makes such a difference in the flavor. It’s much nuttier.
I used to make a Puerto Rican dessert called Love Powder (Polvo de Amor) using very very finely grated fresh coconut (no milk added)which was toasted in a pan with lots of sugar added to it. So good!

That’s the way I like this tea…like the Love Powder! SWEET

Mercuryhime

The tea and your dessert both sound so tasty!

Kittenna

Ooh, another coconutty oolong adding to my list!

Comments

Mercuryhime

The tea and your dessert both sound so tasty!

Kittenna

Ooh, another coconutty oolong adding to my list!

Colorado Grandma