Second tasting note.

The first tasting of this Black Tea had been memorable and I do really love this type of tea. Coming back a second time is always a good idea. As I read reviews I notice that sometimes a person goes bleh the first time and yum the second and visa versa. Just like first impressions with people, you should give second chances.
I liked this tea the first time I tasted it very much. Today is another day…so here’s my second opinion:

The tea tasted malty and full of cocoa flavor as before, but this time there was something new that I hadn’t noticed during my first review.
Licorice.
Maybe the chocolatey cocoa and mint combined to create licorice…I have no way of knowing…but there was a definate licorice flavor in the tea that was dark and raisen like. This time I did feel a peppery astringency at the front of my tongue only.
I added cream and sweetened my cup as I do when the tea is very dark and rich, full of cocoa malt. This was my morning tea after all.

I didn’t enjoy the second tasting as much as the first time, but still think this is a high quality black tea.

Colorado Grandma