I bought a new toy today!

You may have seen these new Yixing tumblers (little portible thermos) in some of the chain tea stores (for more money).
I picked mine up for $16.95 at Happy Lucky’s today with a free fill of my favorite Puer to break it in.

Here’s how it works:
The interior is Yixing clay (perfect for Puer or Oolong dedicated use). Mine will be for Puer only ;)…so to begin seasoning, some nice Shu was put inside, then boiling water and the top was screwed on.
When the timer (3 min.) went off…the stainless strainer basket was placed on top of the tumbler and I sipped my tea from the edge (like a cool looking tall chocolate glass).
The outside of the Tumbler is coated with Teflon which protects my hands from heat and helps keep the interior hot. When the tea was gone, I just added more water and drank another 8oz of tea. Very handy.

I have something to add….

This is sharp looking…very cool and sleek!

It’s easy to use!

It’s inexpensive and I love this Yixing Tumbler!!!

(I also bought a screw on top for water bottles that has a built in filter for when you cold brew tea. YES, it fits on those nice big water bottles (2liter) so you can filter and drink out of them…and it costs $6) The World is listening to the tea community!

DaisyChubb

What a great tumbler! I know you’ll put it to good use ;)

Daniel Scott

OMG a yixing tumbler? I must NOT look that up, I’m not that level of advanced. LOL.

Indigobloom

I want I want I want!!! :p

Skulleigh

That’s a cool little toy!

mrmopar

i have one from teavana.

Bonnie

But how much was Teavana’s? $16.95?

chadao

$29.95

Zacaria

anyway I could buy one online?

Bonnie

Don’t know where else you can buy one like mine. You can call Happy Lucky’s Tea Shop in Fort Collins, CO. They take phone orders. Or buy one from someone like Teavana for more and it’s a bit different.

Comments

DaisyChubb

What a great tumbler! I know you’ll put it to good use ;)

Daniel Scott

Indigobloom

I want I want I want!!! :p

Skulleigh

That’s a cool little toy!

mrmopar

i have one from teavana.

Bonnie

But how much was Teavana’s? $16.95?

chadao

$29.95

Zacaria

anyway I could buy one online?

Colorado Grandma