This is the second of my selections from the Alchemy Blends Tasting Kit. (Oh I do love all the tasty Alchemy Blends that I’ve had so far!)

When I opened the packet of tea I was amazed at the beauty of the rose petals. I buy rose buds at my spice shop for culinary use but they are never as vibrant as these.
I poured a bit of tea into a white porcelain tasting cup to see the blend of dark Laoshan Black tea, pale orange peel and bright rose flowers which looked like potpouri. The scent of bergamot, rose, chocolate and citrus… was ethereal.

I was having my morning tea so I made a large pot…steeped it 3 minutes. (I resteeped 2 more times with super results)

Laoshan Black is so rich and chocolaty, a beautiful tea that goes beyond malty or bready to a deep richness that is full and round. There is complexity that comes from the He family knowing their small farm and the soil.

The addition of rose petals, bergamot and citrus to Laoshan Black is daring! This is not an Earl Grey Tea and does not pretend to be. It takes guts to add anything to such an athletic Black Tea as this one.
This was already a fastastic tea that takes you to the top of chocolate heights…where you think there couldn’t be any possiblity of more goodness…adds the tease of rose, a whisper of bergamot then a flicker of citrus at the finish.
When I drink regular Laoshan Black, it leaves a thick chocolate, malty finish in my mouth.
This Alchemy Blend leaves a bergamot, citrus, rose and cocoa finish each one like flavor droplets that I taste individually. Delightful.

This is subtle and enjoyable. The next time though, I’ll prepare this in a glass gaiwan or other glass vessel because it is so beautiful and sexy. I think this would be a good dessert tea with some chocolate and berries or a mild cheese.

Spoonvonstup

I was drinking this at work just yesterday (just leaves in a glass cup all afternoon), and I definitely agree: a beautiful blend! both in looks and taste. I think you’ll have great fun with it in a glass, too.

Bonnie

All you need is decorated sugar cubes (my daughter used to make them and she made two tone cameo’s out of chocolate) I’m not that fru fru though. She made chocolates for fancy tea houses in California before having lots of kids.

wiicked

What are these alchemy blends u keep talking about
They sound amazing!

Bonnie

Verdant tea has tea blends with no flavoring and I bought one of the sampler kits of 4 different ones

Comments

Spoonvonstup

wiicked