Thank you Epi Tea for this sample!

This was my first morning cup, and perfect to pretend that I’m not in the highlands of the American Western Rocky Mountains…but somewhere in Ireland in the high hills between that fair land and Scotland.
It’s a cooler morning today than usual. This will soon pass, and another of the record breaking over 90 degree days (now around 30 straight) will heat up only to be broken in the late afternoon by purple clouds…large and ominous, hanging over the high range ready to burst with torrents of rain.

Irish Tea it should be I had determined.

It did seem odd to have a sachet with no string. Am I old fashioned? Should I be concerned that I could possibly save a string making machine or a tree by the elimination of the teabag string? Am I lazy wanting a string instead of fishing out the teabag with my spoon, fingers or a pen?

No matter.

The brew time was long enough to walk away for 5 minutes and fix my tea tray with milk and sugar for a proper sit down.
I tasted the red-brown brew which was slightly astringent and smoky. There was no maltiness but the overall black taste with the smoke was hardy. The addition of sugar and cream was comforting, this being the type of tea that I would most likely drink in colder weather in the morning with toast and jam.

This is not an outstanding knock your socks off tea but the kind that we all look to for reliability in our cupboards. The good standard morning cup.

momo

Celestial Seasonings doesn’t have them with strings either which is okay for an herbal but for everything else I really would like an easy removal! Why should I have to dirty a spoon?

Bonnie

If you have a spoon…you might be at a desk and use a pen…gross or burn fingers!

Dylan Oxford

Think of all the poor tea bag string makers being put out of work! For shame!

Bonnie

I know, it upset the whole economy!

momo

Hahaha and those were highly specialized workers, now what do they do?

Bonnie

Kites! Longer strings! Balloons? YOYO’S!

Comments

momo

Bonnie

If you have a spoon…you might be at a desk and use a pen…gross or burn fingers!

Dylan Oxford

Think of all the poor tea bag string makers being put out of work! For shame!

Bonnie

I know, it upset the whole economy!

momo

Hahaha and those were highly specialized workers, now what do they do?

Bonnie

Kites! Longer strings! Balloons? YOYO’S!

Colorado Grandma