http://youtu.be/y4r8CBY2f74 Guitar….soothing and beautiful Milos K

I took back the iPad last night. Not enough of a computer for what I need. Instead, I got an HP all-in-one with a 20in. screen and no tower. I’m loving it. So, here I’ve been…loading passwords and photos, software from cameras and all that daft business that you must do with new computers.

When you sit doing boring tasks, you must have tea for sanity’s sake!

During a sudden creative spurt of energy this afternoon, I decided to explore steeping Laoshan Apothecary Green in milk, adding honey and creating a delicate, spiced Chai.
I set a pan with an appropriate amount of tea in milk on the stove to slowly come to simmer without scalding. When warm, I added some wildflower honey and fragrant Chai…bending over the pot to catch the aroma for any corrections in flavor. More milk, honey or tea.

That’s when the experimentor side of me took over.

Why not add a little butter like the butter Chai?
I added a pat of butter (not too much)…and took a spoonfull to slurp. Umm, this was good!
Sniff…
Something else was needed though. There was a sweet/savory feel to the tea.
Ah ha! Nutmeg!
I went to my stash of whole nutmeg and grated some fresh (a little bit) into the tea and slurped some up again.
Ummm…this was even better. With a dash of…salt to finish, I strained the tea into a 12oz cup.

There was such a frothy, rich, creamy, sweet and savory tea that all I would have wished for was toast or a mild white grilled cheese sandwich.

I don’t use much butter, but now and then it is a luxury.

I play with food and tea…and have so much fun!

Charles Thomas Draper

Tea for any sake….

Bonnie

I stand corrected. Tea for any sake is true. Then again, any reason would have made me get up from the computer! My internal tea timer went off… bing! Time for tea!

Indigobloom

*sighs
I live vicariously through your tea adventures!!

Bonnie

I have to do something to make up for what I see when I look in the mirror and see an old lady staring back at me.

Comments

Charles Thomas Draper

Tea for any sake….

Indigobloom

*sighs
I live vicariously through your tea adventures!!

Colorado Grandma