Today I’m doing my long ago, ancient history tea review revisits.

This bag of tea has not been reviewed for 6 months and was one of my first purchases as a newbie tea drinker. This was before my intro to Teavivre, Butiki or Verdant Tea’s to name a few.
I bought a whopping 16oz bag (which is why I have plenty left) of this heavily flavored Pu-erh tea.

I made a 24oz pot of tea. Gutsy to make that much, but it’s a coolish afternoon and I’ve been catching up on some DVR saved programming.
Being careful not to over steep, (something I’ve learned in the past 6 months is that over steeping increases the sourness of artificial flavoring) I poured a good mug of dark coffee colored liquor and added cream and sweetening. (I did taste the tea first but decided to go for the complete latte route)
It tasted like flavored tea but not like a Pu-erh. I’ll admit that this was a splendid effort by The English Tea Store at covering up the Pu-erh taste. There is lots and lots of toffee and caramel flavor!
After a cup, I began to find that I had enough! It was too heavily flavored. Cloying! Too artifical and still, a tad bit sour.

My taste in tea has changed. I have to admit to it. And with the stroke of the keyboard and one craggy old finger, the rating is coming down too.

An average little tea.

Rellybob

‘the stroke of the keyboard and one craggy old finger’ lol for some reason that makes me smile! :)

Flair for the dramatic!

TheTeaFairy

illustrates very well your tea journey Bonnie… I can relate to that, my taste in tea has also changed a lot in the past year, and I owe it to my willingness of trying new things of course but for the most part, I owe it to the education I get on this website and all the wonderful people I come across :-)

Scatterbrain

I remember when my idea of the “best tea I’ve ever tasted” was a teabag of Stash chai drowned in milk and sugar. It’s crazy how much and how fast things change.

Bonnie

We are all learning from beautiful delicate tea, from good and patient tea educators and so much from each other.

Stoo

This is one that I’ve been dying to try, not only because I’m Scottish, but also because I love caramel and pu-erh!

Dylan Oxford

I actually just tried a sample of this from Azzrian yesterday. It is definitely not lacking in the flavoring!

Comments

Rellybob

Flair for the dramatic!