I’m going to have a chocolate day today. I have a couple of chocolate tea’s and since I LUV CHOCOLATE I decided to drink them all in one day! Binge!

This has been my favorite chocolate tea. It’s rich and dark the way I love chocolate bars. The other thing I love about it is that the flavoring isn’t sour. I HATE SOUR FAVORING! But as I said, this tea is dark chocolate GOOD!

There’s a sweet little restaurant in town called The Chocolate Cafe.
I’ve taken the grandsons there one at a time for Italian Soda and Chocolate dessert. Lava Cake, Mousse, Creme Brulee to delight my little Princes http://flic.kr/p/cRDTWS. There is something magical about sitting in a lovely space, having a chocolate dessert served on a white plate that is decorated beautifully with berries or chocolate squiggles or powdered sugar, that’s far removed from picking up a cupcake at Whole Foods.
Flowers on the table, Italian Opera softly playing in the background and my little guys know that they are special to Grandma.

Chocolate is never casual like a cheese sandwich or jelly beans.

I made a pot of this tea for my morning wake-up and steeped it for 4 minutes.
My addition of cream and sweetening to this tea didn’t dilute the dark chocolate flavor but made it creamy and rich. It’s so good. I had forgotten how good. I’m totally out! I’ll have to call my son to send me more from the store at Pier 39!

(I just upped the rating on this one…something I’m not doing much on flavored tea’s these days!)
Azzrian

Those lucky boys! :) What a special grandma they have!

Skulleigh

That cafe sounds wonderful.

tigress_al

CHOCOLATE day!! Wow, yummy those desserts look awesome! You made me want some chocolate now Bonnie after this lovely description.

Bonnie

Thanks guys. Eat some chocolate for your health (yeah right!)

Mine hasn’t aged well I find. Have a bit left… and it’s lost some flavour :(

Bonnie

Oh no. I had a smaller container and I keep my tea in a dark cabinet. But again, my climate is very dry too. Maybe that makes a difference. I do like the dark dark chocolate.

Indigobloom

Ah. Mine is in a cupboard to but I didn’t have a tin for it… so it’s still in the box/package. Oh well, there will be more eventually!

Comments

Azzrian

Those lucky boys! :) What a special grandma they have!

Skulleigh

That cafe sounds wonderful.

tigress_al

Bonnie

Thanks guys. Eat some chocolate for your health (yeah right!)

Mine hasn’t aged well I find. Have a bit left… and it’s lost some flavour :(