This week I’ve been revisiting some tea’s. A few have been tucked away for awhile and this one was in a little orange tin sitting inside my Teavivre bin (in a closed cupboard).

Lapsang Souchong is usually my culinary tea. I cook with it quite a bit for smoky rubs and steamed veggies. It creates and nice BBQ smell in the house that I like better than cauliflower, broccoli or steaming brussel sprouts.

This morning I thought I’d just drink it as TEA. (What a novel idea)

I made a cup using my Finum basket and steeped the leaves just over a minute which was just right. Not too strong, not bitter and smooth.

My other Lapsang Souchong is stronger and sweeter than this one, but I do like Teavivre’s for how smooth it is to drink. The astringency is low and the smokiness won’t knock you down like some LS’s out there.

I’d keep this one around JUST for drinking. It isn’t strong enough for a culinary LS. Not smoky enough.

I challenge anyone who has never tried a Lapsang Souchong to venture out and try some. Experiment with it. Blend a little with other tea’s to create a smoky blend or add a little to a t-sac when steaming veggies. Read the story of how Lapsang Souchong came about in China…it’s a great little story.

I would think this would be the drink when watching Grimm or Ever After or a Fairy Tale with woods and dark misty marshy things.

Azzrian

Mmmm now I am hungry!

Skulleigh

Tea in my veggies sounds interesting. I will have to try that.

Comments

Azzrian

Mmmm now I am hungry!

Skulleigh

Tea in my veggies sounds interesting. I will have to try that.

Colorado Grandma