Yesterday I sold my car at about the same time that my 3 teenage granddaughters Schey (18), Megan (17) and Kiah (15) set out from their ranch on County Road 15 on foot, walking to town for the exercise. It is 5 miles to town and the plan was to hop on the bus (after stopping for ice cream) for a short ride to my house (another 5 miles).
I was ready for celebrating when they arrived but now I was without a car so I ordered Pizza’s and Root-beer. We watched old House episodes on my big screen TV. (This TREAT is noted because a family with 8 kids doesn’t order pizza delivery because it’s too expensive!)

After awhile I went to the kitchen to fix DESSERT!

Slowly, I brought a large pan of milk up to heat with a mixture of sugar and honey (but not too much) and then added Laoshan Village Chai Tea to steep slowly, swirling it with a spoon now and then.

It smelled really good.

There was just enough for 4 large servings of Chai and I used double
walled glass mugs so that the presentation would be special, showing the creamy light and frothy tea.
Laoshan Village Chai Tea isn’t overly spicy. This was a mellow, chocolaty blend and yummy. My granddaughters would have loved another pot or two to gulp down! Real cooked on the stove and simmered Chai is nothing like a quick cup of tea. It’s so easy to do that I’m going to make it for myself more often! (I bet it would be good cold with a scoop of ice cream in it!)

My buddies at Happy Lucky’s had mentioned that they like to mix types of sweetening when they make Chai. This is why I used both sugar and honey (I didn’t have any agave or I may have used honey and agave instead). I don’t like too much honey because it can overpower tea, but a little honey gives a nice round sweet finish with Chai.

How did I get so blessed that these girls like to spend time with me? It’s so cool!

Life can be grand!

hannabling

Pizza party at Bonnie’s!

Roughage

Yay, pizza party. I’m gonna hop a plane over there right now! :)

Bonnie

It’s all gone guys! Roughage, I’m about to start a pot of Pu…your favorite FOOD that begins with P aside from Pizza!
You’ll be glad to know that my daughter’s foster toddler took a bite of the wooden coffee table and yelled and I informed her that he’s just a berserker (Viking warrior and Roughage’s specialty…here, here) seeing that they bit their shields and howled before battle. (what? you think I don’t pay attention?!)

Roughage

I know you pay attention, Bonnie! :-)

Mmmmmmm, pu …

Michelle

That sounds like a great time with your granddaughters!

Comments

hannabling

Pizza party at Bonnie’s!

Roughage

Yay, pizza party. I’m gonna hop a plane over there right now! :)

Bonnie

Roughage

I know you pay attention, Bonnie! :-)

Mmmmmmm, pu …

Michelle

That sounds like a great time with your granddaughters!

Colorado Grandma