The last few visits to my tea shop I had been told about Water Sprite Tea but for some reason, had gone on to a green tea and an India Oolong.

Today, I remembered.

Granddaughter Schey drove me to Church (I sold my car) and Sunday afternoon is the best time for tea in town.

When we walked in the door of Happy Lucky’s, there were three servers (PRO’S) in their bright red and maroon Cambodian silk shirts grinning widely in a friendly “Hello” as though we were family. (Schey loves tea there as much as I do!)

“I’m ready for the pillow tea today”, I said. "Ah, the Water Sprite. You won’t be disappointed, " said Eric and all agreed.

Sundays are quieter in the shop usually. We sit at the tall bar to chat and watch tea being created for ourselves and others, sharing tips and information about tea. I’m a talker!

In no time a nice big clay pot of Water Sprite Tea was ready.
But first, what was done to prepare the tea?
A tea wrapped pillow is about 1.5 inches by 3 inches (some are a bit smaller) in a square or rectangle shape and wrapped in white paper like a present. One package is unwrapped for tea, placed in a clay pot and steeped in 190F water for 1-3 minutes then the tea is poured into another clay pot for serving (the pillow doesn’t fit into baskets or filters…too big!). (You could brew using 2 mugs at home)

The tea was sweet and floral with a lovely cooling in the mouth which I’ve tasted in Taiwanese Oolong’s but never in Chinese Oolong’s.

This Chinese Oolong was very light with no astringency or dryness at all even when the tea cooled.
Layered under the delicately sweet floral flavor was a hint of vegital green bean that you would normally associate with a green tea.
The flavors were interesting and made me want more and more cups of tea.

I was told that 7 steepings or more were to be expected. We had 4 pots full and there was little fading of flavor.

I purchased some of these dreamy little pillows for sharing with Schey and my other grandchildren.

Indigobloom

freedom from driving, yay! lol
this sounds oh so yummy

TheTeaFairy

So cute that they call it a tea pillow..

Bonnie

I called it a pillow because it’s wrapped in white and about the size of a small hotel bar of soap and puffy. Won’t fit in a basket so plop…into a gaiwan or pot.

Comments

Indigobloom

freedom from driving, yay! lol
this sounds oh so yummy

TheTeaFairy

So cute that they call it a tea pillow..

Bonnie