I think it’s fun to nose around the market and look for locally produced tea products. There are the little mom and pop operations that never make it out of the town or State/Territory you live in.
I’d like to read about your local tea’s.
Here’s one of mine.

This tea comes from an organic fruit tree farm way up in the mountains of Western Colorado in Hotchkiss. I looked up Big B’s and found out that there is a coop of farmers in the area that make goat cheese and honey and other products for Aspen’s Restaurants, Whole Foods and gourmet grocers.

This organic Black Tea was purchased at Whole Foods and is totally organic through and through. Filtered water, 10% organic apple juice, lemon juice and organic cane sugar.

I poured the whole 16oz into a tumbler and it looked like I expected it too with the organic apple juice. Brown sugar spice colored.
The sugar and lemon flavors were just right.
(I can’t stand overdone lemon tea that tastes like pinesol!)

I could taste more tea than juice! Someone likes tea at the farm! They could have gone bonkers with the apple cider but didn’t. You taste black tea and smell black tea! The juice just gives a little tang and sweetness.

Pretty good. I like it better than those brands that are everywhere…blech Snapple Apple Tea things! I hope these become more widely available but someone needs to redesign the label. It’s
ugly!

What’s bottled locally where you live?

Scatterbrain

Lots of tasty local ciders where I’m at but not much in the way of tea.

momo

The Whole Foods by me has kombucha on draft! It’s local enough (from NC) but I haven’t tried it yet, it’s like $5 just for a pint of it without even buying the glass growler bottle. That’s all in tea though, plenty of beer breweries starting to pop up, the majority of which are only available around here. One of them doesn’t even bottle, to drink their stuff you have to find it at a local restaurant.

Bonnie

I always look in the soda and cold drink section of grocery stores especially the organic ones and there are surprises sometimes. I’ve found 3 so far I think…maybe more from Colorado. Maybe people think everyone has the same tea that is common to them but we don’t get it where we live. It might be just regional. Bhakti Chai is a local that’s gone National.

LiberTEAS

Steven Smith is local, and he has some bottled teas. :)

Bonnie

I saw some of the Steven Smith tea’s in a store in Boulder and was surprised. Next time I go there I’m checking the tea’s out and some other brands they carry.

Comments

Scatterbrain

Lots of tasty local ciders where I’m at but not much in the way of tea.

momo

LiberTEAS

Steven Smith is local, and he has some bottled teas. :)

Colorado Grandma