Ummm! A new black tea for breakfast!
I ordered several small 1oz. tea’s and some samples from Whispering Pines because their tea blends sounded so interesting especially with Fall and Winter just around the corner.

No fancy brewing this morning for me. I used my Finum basket and a mug, steeped the leaves for 5 minutes and had a very dark brew looking back at me.

The scent was rich and sweet but not malty or smoky.

I took my morning GULP!
For such a dark brew, I expected more punch, more malt or acid but instead the tea tasted smooth and had a different flavor. I had to take some time to ‘think and drink’ about this one.
It wasn’t malty or cocoa, not yammy or peachy, what was that illusive flavor?
I kept coming back to potato. Over and over again, potato. Not just for the flavor, but the thickness of it. There was another taste that came to me later on. A fig newton cookie scent/flavor thing (or maybe it’s what I wanted to eat?!).

I poured in a little cream which added more smoothness to the rich tea. Then I added sweetening which was more delicious!
Now I could taste a bit of malt with the potato and the whole cup was thick, creamy and rich (just short of tea soup in my mouth).

My instinct was to gulp down the tea and make another cup and gulp that down and so on. But, I waited for the first cup to cool just to do the ‘I forgot about my tea’ test. You know. How does the tea hold up when you let it sit for awhile and it cools down? Can you go back to it without gagging?
Yes you can!
(I did notice that it was a little smoky?! How’d that happen?!)

Nice morning tea, not acidic. Smooth. Makes the bed and does the dishes. (Ha, were you paying attention?)

Azzrian

Sounds yummy!

LiberTEAS

If it also vacuums the floor I’m getting this tea!

Comments

Azzrian

Sounds yummy!

LiberTEAS

If it also vacuums the floor I’m getting this tea!

Colorado Grandma