NEW HARVEST! ZHU RONG!

Thank you Verdant for this sample of the latest Zhu Rong!

I had some of the first season Zhu Rong left in my cupboard, so I was excited to compare the New Harvest with what I already had side by side.

2 small Gaiwans, 2 glass cups and I was ready.

The scent of the dry leaf was different right off. The newer leaves were sweeter smelling. Wet and dry, the color on the first release was brown, and on the new harvest brownish-green.

The wet leaves smelled different also. The new release tea aroma was perfumy, spicy and cocoa molasses smelling.
I was scratching my head. What was that floral perfumey aroma floating around every time I enhaled? Coriander seed? Hibiscus flowers?
The first Zhu Rong had a definite molasses chocolate scent with an after aroma of sweet tomato. (The newer version had no tomato scent.)

The color for the New Harvest Zhu Rong was darker golden caramel.

Taste!
What’s not to love about the original Zhu Rong?
I love it and bought myself a hefty amount to enjoy!
That rich bitter-sweet chocolate molasses, cinnamon, yammy goodness was so irrisistable (and still is).

The New Harvest isn’t ‘better’ than the previous version but ‘different’.
(You can’t have the same exact flavor from a different harvest anyway!)
This tea is spicier with a bite on the tongue that is a teaser!
Such a creamy, dark chocolate and a smooth tea with that floral scent still puzzling me. Some molasses and spice moves about in the shadows, popping out now and then with a ‘ha gotcha’ splash of flavor. So many layers of flavor to sit and enjoy!

Somehow, I felt as though I was at a fancy European Chocolate Shop with the first Zhu Rong and then for the second Zhu Rong had traveled to the Middle East with glittering flavors from Exotic Spice Markets. There was even a fountain with fragrant flowers releasing their aroma circling around my head. This is what was so hypnotic!

New Harvest Zhu Rong is EXCITING! Even richer and more complex than the original! (I was going to say SEXY! instead of EXCITING! But I didn’t did I!)

Here’s some music, grab a scarf and dance!
http://youtu.be/Gff_5BA4QYM Sting

Indigobloom

sexy! I think you did say it :P

Bonnie

no i deh en

Ninavampi

Great review! Helping me start my day with a smile!

Helena

this sounds really good :D

hannabling

Rated 100 percent! Wow!

Comments

Indigobloom

sexy! I think you did say it :P

Bonnie

no i deh en

Ninavampi

Great review! Helping me start my day with a smile!

Helena