Thank you Dhart1214 for the big tea sample!

We all love Dragon Pearls (well most of us do)!

Even the few who don’t prefer black tea have to admit they’re pretty to look at.
All chocolate colored with golden strands rolled shape of a malted Whopper. (I popped one in my mouth once just to taste the malty leaves)

I’ve collected interesting shaped tea’s for when my young grandchildren come to visit. I have pillows of green tea, cigar shapes and pagoda’s. Tea’s with berries that plump up. AND, this
type of tea with their round shape which looks best in it’s jar like candy and scoop some into a glass pot for brewing.

Everyone loves a cocoa malty tea with some sugar and cream. It may as well be hot chocolate, but it’s better (and easier) to make.
Another infusion and there’s more in a hurry.

I had this tea by myself this morning.
The most cocoa of the Pearls I’ve tried has been Teavivre, but my local shop here in Fort Collins is so close to that standard that I’ll probably buy from them.
The Praise Tea Company Black Pearls are a extremely light cocoa.
I liked the maltiness and smooth richness of this tea, however. There was a baked bread comforting warmth to it.

Sometimes it’s hard to separate malt from cocoa so I carefully made a whole pot of tea, drinking it plain, then sweetening it, then adding cream and then going back to plain again.
I looked for the cocoa and just didn’t hardly, barely find it. (There was a potato chip aftertaste that I noticed after awhile)

I like this tea though. I am a fan of malty, homemade bread goodness in the morning. It’s all yummy to me.

Jim Marks

Speaking of odd shapes, did you ever see/get ahold of the “blue unicorn” tea?

Bonnie

What? No. Oh you mean the Organic Blue Nettle green tea from Sri Lanka (Ceylon). It can be purchased from Shanti Tea and Tealux. I still have some to last for awhile.

Jim Marks

Pretty stuff. Not the best cup of tea, but very pretty.

Bonnie

I happened to get some Blue Nettle debris, the broken pieces and such from a company and WOW, it brews up into such a wonderful complex sweet tea! Almost a whole different tea than the spears (or cigars as I call them). I have some water sprite pillows the size of a small bar of soap that is pretty in a pot and tastes very nice. These tea’s are good to share with new tea drinkers along with other loose leaf tea’s for fun.

Comments

Jim Marks

Speaking of odd shapes, did you ever see/get ahold of the “blue unicorn” tea?

Jim Marks

Pretty stuff. Not the best cup of tea, but very pretty.

Colorado Grandma