I’m surprised that this is the first tasting note on this Butiki
Organic Ceylon Green Tea

I was rustling through the latest order from Stacy for my morning tea and wanted a good cup before packing for an overnight with my daughter up in Estes Park.
A green tea for breakfast? I don’t drink green tea for breakfast, unless…it’s a Ceylon Green Tea. There’s something about the Ceylon Green’s that are almost like a darjeeling. It’s as if the tea bushes have intertwined the flavor of green and black tea’s.

I prepared a small 8oz pot for tea and steeped the leaves 2 minutes.
The leaves and liquor have none of the vegital aroma that I associate with most green tea’s. In fact, the aroma was very, faint. I almost thought I hadn’t steeped the tea properly, but when I reenacted the steeping, the outcome was the same.

The liquor was clear, very golden and beautiful.

When I took a sip of tea, I was surprised at the light flavor.
There was a smoothness to the tea but hardly a whisper of flavor.
I had to concentrate, finding the faint salad green, celery taste which were sweet and fresh.

As the tea cooled, there was an increase in the thickness of the mouthfeel. I added some raw sugar which was a very nice addition.

This morning tea was one that I would recommend especially for those who don’t care much for grassy green vegital tea’s. This was subtle and smooth. Very gentle.

I won’t be writing on Steepster until Saturday.
Today, my daughter Annalisa and I are off to the Highland Games and a Tattoo (all the Piper’s marching together) tonight at 7200 ft. surrounded by towering 14,000 ft mountain peaks. We’ll both cry. The bagpipes are wild and special to us, a reminder of persecution and survival. The fiddle and pipes are played at family events (mostly funerals now). Old Scot’s songs are passed from generation to generation and we Bless the Tartan’s on St. Andrews Day.

I’m bringing along tea of course. There’s a mountain river next to our condo and I’m going to sit there with my tea and soak in the beauty of the Colorado Highlands. (I’ll take pictures)

Have a bonny day!

http://youtu.be/P5P1M5qwBwo Not the best youtube but you get the idea of the pipers playing Amazing Grace
I’ve probably posted this before…Estes Park http://youtu.be/xWlwZA2PnxA (an hour away from my home it’s a great vacation destination for hikers and wildlife lovers).

Butiki Teas

That sounds like a fun event! Have a great time!

This tea comes from the same estate as the Organic Blue Nettle did. I find this tea to be a good relaxing tea. Its not the most amazing tea I’ve ever had but its a good early afternoon tea.

Bonnie

Yes I think for those who don’t like greens or strong tea this is really a fine choice. Sometimes the whack when you don’t feel just right isn’t what you want and this would be perfect!

Butiki Teas

I agree. :) Btw, Estes Park looks amazing!

Bonnie

What’s so cool is how easy it is to get there. If you fly into Denver you’re already at higher altitude so you just go to the outskirts (Boulder) and then the rise to Estes Park is only another 2200 feet and takes 45 minutes. There you are at Rocky Mt. National Park without driving for 5 or 6 hours.

Azzrian

Have a great time with your daughter in Estes!

Butiki Teas

I’ve only been to Colorado once and that was on a snowboarding trick to Keystone and Breckenridge. I would certainly love to explore the parks more.

Indigobloom

Have a grand time Bonnie! I know my neighbour who is also a Scot would do just about anything to be there to :)

Comments

Butiki Teas

That sounds like a fun event! Have a great time!

Butiki Teas

I agree. :) Btw, Estes Park looks amazing!

Azzrian

Have a great time with your daughter in Estes!

Indigobloom