drank Green Tea with Cherry by Xing Tea

I want to sing “We Are The Champions…My Friends…” twang, twang…
(repeat)…

I survived 2 grandsons overnight and slept on my couch fully clothed and not that comfortable. I watched a kid movie and liked it and kept the condo from loading up with discarded cups, plates and boy clothes. We had a grand time.
Ian drew me a picture of the word TEA in big letters with the T filled with tea leaves, the E had a leaf adornment and the A (a) looked like a teapot. Very cute.

After dropping the boys off at home, I stopped at “Sprouts” (natural foods) and picked up this LARGE canned tea from Denver. I was hot and tired and it was cold, inviting and local.

When I got home,the tea was good and cold. I opened the can and poured it into a big glass, threw in a little more ice…drank some and oh what a good cherry tea!

When I was a little girl, the journey from San Jose over the mountain to Santa Cruz Beach with my parents was HOT. No cars had air conditioning unless you were rich. Even then you didn’t turn on the air going up a hill.
We would sit in traffic winding slowly up and over the hills all hot, sweaty, and cranky. It was horrible. When we got to the Summit…we hit a wall of cool ocean air that refreshed us as we descended down towards the beach. Right at the bottom in Scotts Valley there was a series of 10 cent, ‘All You Can Drink’ fruit juice stands with huge crocks of iced juice. Apple juice, Orange, Peach, Apricot, Ciders, Plum, Pear, Grape and Cherry. Yes…Cherry!
Iced and cold Cherry! None of the juices were artificial or sweetened. All were icey cold and all you could drink for a DIME!

Wow, that was good! (I just got carried away with the memory!)
This is my first memory of choosing food or drink and mixing flavors. A foreshadow of things to come.

It’s hard to find cherry anywhere these days and real authentic cherry flavor is rarely done right.

This cherry tea was good. It didn’t have an artificial taste, and no sourness.
Just a really nice Cherry Tea flavor.

Kittenna

Agreed – real cherry flavour is very difficult to find. I was lucky in that in Saskatchewan, they were growing sour cherries at the university, and I was able to get my hands on quite a large amount of them and make some absolutely amazing cherry desserts. Now I’m so spoiled, I hate nearly everything that’s “cherry-flavoured”.

Whispering Pines Tea Company

I really don’t ‘get’ artificial flavors. If you’re selling cherry green tea, it should be cherry + green tea…in my opinion. I’ll also never try a cherry flavored anything…I grew up in Michigan and was spoiled with the best cherries on earth :)

Bonnie

Yep. My dad had a cherry tree in Paradise, Ca. It was easy to get delicious cherries in Northern California. It’s just that for some reason, you don’t find them in products like cherry cider and natural juice (except Knudsen which if you’ve ever had their products began in Paradise, California). Even Cherry jam is harder to find.

*Whispering Pines…the Cherry Flavor on this tea ‘IS’ natural!

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Well, I guess what I mean is flavors that aren’t what they are specified to be. I feel like a “Green Tea with Cherry” should be naturally flavored with real cherry, not a bunch of natural chemicals that when blended together taste like cherry. Does that make sense? Like — everything I see on a label should be a single product of nature. I can’t go out into the wild and find Natural Cherry Flavoring.

Bonnie

I understand. They take more pains with their tea than most. People in the Denver/Boulder area don’t prefer strange chemicals. That Cherry Cider when I was a kid though…ah…that was the real deal! Ice cold in huge crocks…and we drank out of paper cones. It was amazing.
(about 1953-60)

Comments

Kittenna

Bonnie

*Whispering Pines…the Cherry Flavor on this tea ‘IS’ natural!

(about 1953-60)