drank Milord's Grey by Kally Tea

My ‘Brew’ before scooting out the door to Church on a beautiful Sunday cool morning!

When I went online a few weeks ago to order a few Kally Tea’s, I had trouble with ordering off the website so I made a call and ordered over the phone. I have to say that the 30 minutes or more chatting with the owner was a fun time. He lives in the ‘High Desert’ in California and is passionate about his tea. I hope to see Kally next year at the Boulder Tea Festival!

I notice when smaller companies attempt interesting blends using real fruits, flowers, nuts and natural flavoring. When I can afford to, I give them a try and support their effort.

This Earl Grey was a pick for me because of the flowers, caramel and apples. I don’t drink much EG…so this combination sounded interesting and delicious.
The package recommended a 3 minute steep, but after steeping my tea for that amount of time, I would hold back a bit to 2.5 minutes if you plan to add cream and sugar. A 2 minute steep would be enough for plain tea.

Wheee this was bold. In fact, I had to add cream and sugar because the tea was almost bitter it was so strong.
There was the Earl Grey bergamot flavor which you look for and a hint of caramel apple. Instead of those flavors taking over and hiding the Earl Grey, those flavors are enhancements in the background.
Why even buy an Earl Grey then cover it up!

This tea has a nice flavor but you need to cut down the steep time. When I have this again, I’ll make any adjustments to my steeping and the rating.

Off and away!