drank Lemon Black Tea by Ovation Teas

Thanks to DHart1214 for this sample tea!

It appears that the clocks have reversed and I’ll have to nose about for my Summer clothes this week. The temperature will hike up around 78-80 Degrees which is perfect for speeding around the hills in my jalopy with a packed lunch, tea thermos and camera, knowing I’ll find lots of Fall color to shoot.

This Black Lemon Tea was my first tea today.
With the first tasting, I was so glad it wasn’t bitter. (I was expecting it to be bitter actually because the amount of lemon peel
was large and I steeped it 5 minutes ( Ovation suggested 5-6)).

Contrary to my prediction, the flavor was lighty lemon flavored and almost completely overshadowed by the Assam which was full bodied and strong.
I was afraid to add any milk because of possible curdling but I did go back on a second infusion and no harm done.
Adding sweetening brought the lemony taste forward. That is the way I would drink the tea, sweetened at the very least.

As the tea cooled it became astringent and for me undrinkable.

As long as this is kept hot enough, it’s tasty and a ‘lemony twist’ on a strong Assam.

Off to write a bit more then to see the red and golden trees of Fall!

TheTeaFairy

Hey Bonnie! I did the clothes thing today myself! Cold days heading our way I’m afraid… but what a beautiful time of the year this is!

Bonnie

True…I almost went off the road driving right along the mountains. There are some disk shaped small clouds today that look like flying saucers. They happen at high altitudes.

Comments

TheTeaFairy

Bonnie