Thanks Stacy for this tea sample

The night was soooo windy! Down the mountains came the winds with howling hoots and bellows.
I tossed and turned feeling the effect of the weather change. It was as if I was at Sea, with waves and wind rising and falling, which set off a minor nausea migraine.

Morning brought more wind. All day the bright gold leaves will be torn from the trees, flying down the street like shimmering rain.

Strong tea is good for nausea migraines.

I found this Keemun tucked in the ‘to be reviewed’ drawer and knew this was the choice for beginning my day. With the way I was feeling
I was NOT in the mood for setting up an elaborate tasting session that was going to take a long time. I wanted my tea fast.

My experience with Keemun’s isn’t very deep. I’ve had some from Teavivre, another from Butiki and one from Happy Lucky’s. That’s about the extent of it.
I’m gradually beginning to realize that Keemun Tea’s are varied and worth exploring more. Every one I’ve tried has been vastly different than the last.

When I tasted this Keemun it was smoky, quite like a pine smoked Lapsang Souchong (but not nearly as strong). This was unexpected.

I had played with adding LS to a little Black Tea on occasion and this is close to what this tea tasted like to me.
There was some astringency up front in a pleasant way, a tangy bit of malt smoothing out at the finish.
I grew up across from an Italian Plum (prune) orchard and to tell the truth, the smoke was strong and I didn’t taste any plum.
I wasn’t too interested in this Keemun even with cream and sugar.

My favorite Keemun to date is Congou Keemun also from Butiki Teas.

I can’t go out on deck today, have to stay indoors deep in the bowels of the ship. I’ll get knocked into the ocean if I venture out, dizzy from the wind. Migraines behave strangely.

In any case, the tea did make me feel better…I’m not seasick!

Colorado Grandma