Tonight I made some pancakes with leftover pumpkin risotto. If this sounds odd to you, YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW GREAT THIS TASTES!

The risotto was creamy, nutty, sweet and spicy from seasonings and butter that I pared half and half with buttermilk pancake mix and a dash of Vietnamese Cinnamon. So good!
A little bacon and Maple Syrup and dinner was on!
(I love pancakes on a cool evening once in awhile)

What tea would compliment my pancakes?

I remembered the Strong Fire Tieguanyin that I picked up recently, with a haunting deep honey flavor, almost tasting like a peach liquor. I could imagine the woodiness I had tasted with the dash of cinnamon I added and how delicious the combined flavors would be.

It was easy to steep a small pot of tea to set on my dinner tray but hard to wait two minutes before beginning to devour the pancakes.

The savory-sweet, cinnamon-wood, bacon-butter and cakey-risotto flavors rocked! All my taste-buds thanked me.

What a fine tea to keep drinking with many meals over the cool months ahead.

By the way, I’m testing out http://www.teaandincense.com if you’d like to give me any feedback. thanks.

Thomas Edward(Toad)

I want some of that, sounds good :)

Nik

That sounds sooooo good!

Bonnie

I’ll always be a little overwieght I’m afraid. I love to cook. Then I eat…but not too much.

Terri HarpLady

Ooohhh, Bonnie, we’re on the same wavelength! I had pancakes tonight too! :D

Comments

Thomas Edward(Toad)

I want some of that, sounds good :)

Nik