Thank you DHart1214 for this tea sample!

DHart1214 sent me a bunch of little Persimmon Tree samples in little individual servings with a logo seal on them all neat and ready to go. Thanks!

This fruit tea was one of the only packets without caffeine, a good pick for the evening (watching the Project Runway Finale!).

I noticed the first ingredient was hibiscus flowers, then lemongrass and rose hip shells. I don’t mind hibiscus like some other people, but with the other two, I was worried that the sour factor was going to be way up in the high pucker upper range.

With blind faith, my pot of tea was brewed and ready 5 minutes later.

Fortunately, the tea tasted good.
It wasn’t too sour or bitter, but was certainly a tea for drinking with sweetening. If this was a lighter tea maybe you could drink it straight, but this had a heavier fruit liquor and needed sweetening to bring all the fruit flavor to full ripeness.

When sweetened, you could taste the strawberry and cherry as well as the tang from hibiscus and lemongrass. The blend worked well.

I’ve had similar tea’s that were successful when hibiscus and berry flavors were blended together.

Story
This isn’t a story, more of a grandma ‘brag’.
When 2 of my grandsons were adopted two years ago (they are brothers), they were thrilled that my daughter was going to Home School them. They ‘wanted’ their new mom to teach them. I remember Donovan (age 7) with tears telling my daughter, “I want the first words I learn to read to be from you.” It was so sweet. So they joined the other 4 kids and were taught by mom.

As time progressed here in Colorado, all the kids have done better emotionally. One by one several of the older teenagers have gone to local Charter Schools (excellent ones).

This year, all three boys began public Charter School with great excitement and gusto. They are Lovin school!

First Report Cards came today! All the boys got multiple A’s, some B’s and one C. All got A’s in Math and Science.
I’m sooo proud of them. These boys came from the worse situations and still are battling early childhood trauma. The youngest is bipolar. They are jewels!

I’m proud of my daughter for preparing them for this day!

Brag!

Kittenna

Yay, that’s such an awesome thing to hear about, Bonnie! Glad they are doing well and that you are so proud of them! :D

KeenTeaThyme

You are right to brag – that’s a great story, and fabulous news! :)

Ninavampi

Congrats! :)

Bonnie

The boys are coming over for tea and they know ALL about Steepster! I’ll be sure to tell them that I bragged to you all!

TheTeaFairy

No brag, just pure grandma love and pride :-) brings tears to my eyes when children are given a second chance at life…your daughter deserves a nobel price!

TheTeaFairy

oops, I meant «prize» of course!

Bonnie

I’ll tell her that, we’re going out to tea tonight! The boys came over for Chai and Ninja Lego Adventures. Watch out for me. I know boy stuff!

TheTeaFairy

Have fun, I know you will pair this Ninja adventure with the perfect tea!

Comments

Kittenna

KeenTeaThyme

You are right to brag – that’s a great story, and fabulous news! :)

Ninavampi

Congrats! :)

TheTeaFairy

oops, I meant «prize» of course!

TheTeaFairy

Have fun, I know you will pair this Ninja adventure with the perfect tea!

Colorado Grandma