drank The Cardio by DAVIDsTEA

I’d almost forgotten about this old DAVIDsTEA herbal blend. It’s an old tea friend that tastes really good.

I don’t think DT has carried it for some time. It has Hawthorne berries, eleuthero root, linden, ginkgo, nettle leaves and rosehips. You steep it for 4-7 minutes and wind up with a sweet berry-like tea that has other taste nuances I have a hard time figuring out.

I have no idea how to describe this tea other than… light berry cream with light rose flavor and ground nutmeat. Something close to that. Light and tasty. Oh bother!

I wish this was still available. Caffeine free and delicious isn’t easy to come by now, is it?!

Earlier today I reviewed a Ginger Chai, one of the bottled concentrates by Third Street Tea out of Boulder, Colorado.
For dinner tonight, I decided to use the Chai in my stir fry
along with some soy sauce, sesame oil and garlic.
When my sliced chicken was ready, all nice and caramelized in the Chai sauce, I made a slurry of water, more chai and cornstarch and added this to the pan to thicken into a sauce with the meat.
The whole dish served over rice was a success.
No, more than that, it was super good! The sauce was perfect!
One thing I like about this particular brand is that it’s not overly sweetened and the concentrate is nice and strong. Good for making Chai and good for experimenting in recipes. If you want to try Chai this way, look for a low sugar concentrate or unsweetened.

I can replace the liquid in deserts with Chai and add some to squash soup.

Lots of options.

This is what I do with my cold snowy evenings!

Fjellrev

Interesting combination of ingredients!

Indigobloom

I would so love to open a restaurant using tea in all the recipes one day. You could be my experimenter Bonnie! :P

teaNsympathy

I wish they still made this! Sounds lovely!

Bonnie

NO! I would eat all the product! I do love to cook and figure out how to use ingredients though. Just wait, I have some holiday tea goodies I’m working on. I think snow keeps people indoors to COOK and BAKE!

Comments

Fjellrev

Interesting combination of ingredients!

Indigobloom

teaNsympathy

I wish they still made this! Sounds lovely!

Bonnie