drank Checkmate by DAVIDsTEA

Another hidden DAVIDsTEA in the tea bin that I needed to drink up or shut the door. I loved this tea when I got it. The coconut and chocolate were so delicious. Now, 9 months later, what would I think of it?

I woke up to 3 inches of new snow outside and a forecast of 60 for Sunday and back to the high 70’s next week. This is typical of the weather here. Keep the boots and flip flops handy! Make your hot tea and Chai when it’s cold then switch to the cold brews when it heats up. I get weather whip-lash! (but the variety is thrilling)

I have a growing collection of Pu-erh that I’m taking to show Eric at Happy Lucky’s today. He’s a more knowledgeable person about such things and can help me sort out what I have. For me, this is FUN!
As much fun as shopping at the Mall ‘USED’ to be for me.
(I can’t believe that I just said that).

Back to this morning’s tea, which needed to be a tea other than a Pu-erh which I’ll have later, I remembered how much I liked the coconut flavor and chamomile blended with the black and white tea base. It’s an interesting combination. Most people either loved it or hated it when I read reviews before. I was one who was a lover.

I taste the coconut, which I like, not much chocolate though,
which was the same as before. Now, the ‘not much chocolate’ has a sourness that comes from the artificial flavoring which I don’t like.
If this ‘flavoring’ was corrected with natural cocoa nibs or hulls this would be a much more delicious tea.

The use of natural flavors costs more, but the result is so much better tasting that I wish DT would set an example and convert more of their tea’s (like this one).
I don’t buy from DT often and I know they have/had some unflavored tea’s now and in the past that were/are very good. I hope the demand for natural flavors increases!

Colorado Grandma