drank Darjeeling Song by sTEAp Shoppe

Thanks to Janet at sTEAp Shoppe for this sample tea!

This was a new experience for me. I’d never had a flavored Darjeeling before. Every other kind of tea, Oolong, Black, Green, Pu’er flavored and blended but for some reason never a Darjeeling.

Janet didn’t hold back from being creative, and decided to make a lovely Darjeeling Black Tea blend with cardamom, fenugreek and vanilla bean. All Organic.

What I tasted was very similar to a Chai but without any heavy spiciness. The cardamom was mild but the strength increased and warmed the tea as it cooled. The vanilla was smooth and rich, taming the natural tendency of Darjeeling to be astringent.

This tea was good straight with no additions, but with cream and honey it stepped up and was a very good cup of tea.

Thomas Edward(Toad)

I didn’t try mine with cream or honey I bet that did make for a very tasty cup. I see from your review that slightly astringent aftertaste I experienced may have been a natural tendency of the Darjeeling, good to know. I always enjoy read your posts Bonnie :)

Bonnie

Thanks toad!

Comments

Thomas Edward(Toad)

Bonnie