Like most of the rest of you, I was up late last evening watching CNN and the election results. No matter what you feel about the election results, I have to comment on something I saw on CNN.

Right on the CNN big board where all the names of the famous places in the World are listed, all the Cities like London, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Rome, Quito, Toronto was a word I love, FRONTRANGE! WooHoo! The word Frontrange (where I live) Colorado made the big board on CNN! (I just had to get that out!)

You may have noticed some other news about Colorado too. That’s going to be the source of some puns. I’ve already listed John Denver’s Rocky Mountain High on my Facebook and commented on ‘High Tea’. After all, I’m a child of the 60’s and I couldn’t resist the jokes!

Today I scooted off to Happy Lucky’s for strong tea. This one is a favorite. Very dark and gutsy without being malty at all.
I always add half & half and sometimes sugar because this is so robust. I bought an inky black chocolate bar and shared it with the smartly suited young man seated at the tea bar next to me. He had a ponytail like the young Sean Connery. (Bond, James Bond)

He had ordered a pot of Pu-erh.
The chocolate went well with both our tea orders.

Earlier, I shared a citrus mini tuo cha with Sam and told him to poke at it instead of letting it slowly dissolve over several steeps. I had him keep the steep time short (30 seconds).
This was a new method for Sam and he liked how the Pu-erh tasted.

Sam decided to try the same method with the second pot of Pu-erh for his customer. He poked the nuggets with a spoon to break it up, then poured fresh boiling water in the pot.
The young man had never tasted the full flavor of this Pu-erh before and liked it. He had only ever had the lighter first steeping, never the fully released Pu-erh.

Sharing what we learn here on Steepster is lots of fun. (I’m always learning from new people who know far more than I do… and from new experiences.)

Ysaurella

I woke up at 5 o’clock AM on wednesday for professional reasons and saw in live the announcement of the election results.
Unfortunately didn’t see the big board with Frontrange !
Coming back to the tea, interesting points Bonnie thanks for sharing with us. If I want to try Pu erh, which blend would you recommend me as I am an absolute beginner with this type of tea ?

Bonnie

Hum, being in Paris makes things more interesting. I’d send you some to try but I can’t afford the international shipping right now. Maybe after the first of the year.
I’ll look up some and send suggestions.

thanks Bonnie :)

Nik

Lovely anecdote, Bonnie. =)

Comments

Ysaurella

Unfortunately didn’t see the big board with Frontrange !

Bonnie

I’ll look up some and send suggestions.

thanks Bonnie :)

Nik

Lovely anecdote, Bonnie. =)

Colorado Grandma