This is the first time I’ve had a tea with Chrysanthemum flowers.
We the people (customers) voted on what blend we wanted and this was the winner. I think that process was fun.
I only know of a couple of tea companies that actively consult their customers when making such a choice and I would like to see more companies follow suit.

Today, I’m helping an instructor in Washington State demo Google+ video chat for some business people. It’s amazing what I can get myself involved in without leaving my condo. First, I need my anti-headache remedy! Pu’er!

I brewed a pot of this Alchemy Blend,with Pu’er in it,(I’m not going to spell the name out every time) Western Style.

The first impression was that it’s spicy. I like Coriander and think of it as sweet but I didn’t think it as so spicy. I’m sure there must have been some spice coming from the Pu’er also. The heat and bite of cinnamon was too much for Coriander alone.

There was a pop of tanginess from the Juniper Berries that tweaked my tastebuds then smoothed out when the Burdock and Chrysanthemum stepped in as mellowing agents. The Chrysanthemum added some sweetness as did the Holy Basil.

The Holy Basil was something I didn’t taste at all until the tea cooled. Then, I could taste it as a sweet mellow herbal mint, not as mint with a strong bite to it.

I’m not fond of the smell of the tea liquor. It smells a bit odd.
Adding sweetening improved the taste for me too.

I’m usually very pleased with all the Verdant Pu’er Blends, but this one wasn’t one that I enjoyed as much as others. (Personal taste not the fault of any ingredient.) The Pu’er did seem to be overshadowed though.

Colorado Grandma