drank Yu Lu Yan Cha Black by Verdant Tea

2nd Brew Style:
A little Western Style Brew this afternoon tasted more like stepping into a heavenly bakery than a candy shoppe (see previous review).

I shared my pot of tea with granddaughter Schey, who thought this was malty without being chocolaty and sweet with a yukon potato flavor dipped in whipped cinnamon honey.

I think this is more like the Jin Jun Mei even though I think it’s totally unfair to compare this tea to any other Verdant Black Tea.

This is unique and I hope this is a tea that will join the list of regular Verdant selections!

LiberTEAS

This review makes me hungry… mmm!

Terri HarpLady

I drank it yesterday, western style, & it kind of reminded me of the Jin Jun Mai as well, but of course, it was also very different.

Bonnie

Worth trying in a gaiwan though. More intense and the cinnamon scent is more pronounced I think.

Terri HarpLady

I’m sure! I’m getting where I want all of my really good teas gone in the Gaiwan, but sometimes I don’t have all day to sit around sipping them that way. Then it’s the cup.

BoxerMama

Does it have that little spicy bite that jin jun mei has?

Bonnie

Not to me B-Mama. The scent is cinnamon to me. Remember I have a super sensitive nose though. See what you think! The honey flavor is very lovely!

BoxerMama

Good! I’m not a fan of the jin jun mei because of the spice. I plan to order this tea, I’m just hoping they get zhu rong back.

What? Zhu Rong is out of stock

BoxerMama

Yeah! I was just doing a mock up order( I almost have enough points for $10 off) and when I went to add it it said out of stock! I have inquired on fb.

Bah for being out of stock!

Comments

LiberTEAS

This review makes me hungry… mmm!

BoxerMama

Does it have that little spicy bite that jin jun mei has?

What? Zhu Rong is out of stock

BoxerMama

Bah for being out of stock!

Colorado Grandma