Last night I set up a tea tray for watching a 3 hr 25 min. long Indian movie called Jodhaa Akbar, that my daughter had recommended.

I required a large pot of tea naturally, but also the right type of tea for setting the mood.

The movie was a historical epic. Palaces, battles, silk, incense, beautiful women and handsome men of course…with music and romance (just what I want in an Indian Movie!).

I didn’t have the right Chai for this movie. I needed something exotic, a little different twist, so I created my own.

I began with a large teapot (24oz) and created a blend:
2TB Ginger Sage Winter Spa Blend
1 teaspoon of Laoshan Black
Yanxin Reserve ’04 Shu Nuggets…1 small 3/4 inch piece broken up.

I knew this was going to make a hearty brew, able to stand up to the addition of honey and cream…the same way a Chai would.

I used a glass pot so I was able to eyeball the strength I wanted, but I think about 3 minutes was the steep time. (Maybe more)

This was so good! Sweet, savory from the sage, spicy from ginger and the added tea’s and comforting. The Shu and Black tea’s gave great body creating the wonderful full, warm broth that you want in a tea mug while watching a long movie.

I filled my pot for 3 steepings without any loss of flavor. What a
great companion!

Skulleigh

I really want to watch some Bollywood movies but I can never find any on Netflix. I guess I’m going to have to order an actual physical DVD or Blueray. Do you have any recommendations for a first Bollywood movie?

Your tea blend sounds yummy!

Bonnie

Monsoon Wedding for sure, the one I mentioned above Jodhaa Akbar.

Comments

Skulleigh

Your tea blend sounds yummy!

Bonnie

Monsoon Wedding for sure, the one I mentioned above Jodhaa Akbar.

Colorado Grandma