The last of my shopping is done! I found the ‘Mister Potato Head’ and the ‘Stuffed Puffy Gorilla’ for the two little bitty 2 year old grandsons. (Don’t worry, the potato head is for preschoolers!)

It’s interesting to have 2 year old boys with completely different needs. One (Hayden) is zooming ahead in his development and one (Owen) is slower.
Owen has Williams Syndrome. He likes soft and cuddly textures so the 3 foot tall gorilla will make him really happy!

Earlier today I took 8 year old Micah and 10 year old Donovan out for tea. We always have fun together! They met all my favorite servers at Happy Luckys, and ate scones. http://flic.kr/p/dDij7X

At one point, I held up my cup…and the boys held up theirs also.
I said, “Let’s make a toast. What would you like to toast Micah?”
PIZZA!”,he said without any hesitation.
I couldn’t stop laughing! Of course he would like to toast pizza. He had no idea what a toast was! (I’m such a dorky Grandma)

We walked around town looking in all the store windows. The rock store, the dog cookie store, the Christmas decor store. Fun!

I dropped the boys off…came home and sortly began nodding off on the couch.
You know what I’m talking about. You turn on CNN and snooze!
It was pitiful!

I woke up amused at being an old lady napping on the couch, and decided to make a pot of tea.

There’s a plastic shoebox of Butiki Tea’s in my Cupboard. I pulled the box down, and remembered that I had some Ghirardelli Chocolate Chips in the freezer. What could I do with them?

Some tea companies mix mini chocolate chips into their tea blends so why couldn’t I mix in some of my own with Almond Indulgence Tea?

This idea sounded good to me and worth trying. It’s Christmas after all and Stacy wouldn’t mind!

I got the ingredients ready and popped some chocolate morsels into the basket with the tea to steep.

While waiting, I thought about what a wonderful person Stacy at Butiki Tea’s is. I can count on one hand the vendors that are really special, going beyond people I buy tea from, becoming people I care about.
Now and then, getting an email from Stacy asking how I’m feeling is something I never expected from the owner of a tea company. Stacy was one of the people long ago who welcomed me (and many of you) into the world of tea.

Thanks Stacy!

The tea was ready!

The taste was yummy (of course it was!) but not as chocolaty as I wanted so I plopped in some more chocolate chips, a little milk and stirred the whole thing together.
Yep, even Santa would be proud to drink this with his cookies on Christmas Eve! Creamy, almondy and chocolaty.

Oh boy! I’m awake now!

http://flic.kr/p/dDijjk OK…this is Preston, another server at Happy Luckys, single…24 and really nice! Merry Christmas I-Bloom and friends!

Haha. All I could think of was, you can send him up here Bonnie and ill wrap him up for the tree for Indigobloom :). Thank you as always for sharing your stories and pictures.

Indigobloom

ohhhh MY! Look at those dimples! Sighs. Sil I like the way you think! :P

Butiki Teas

Bonnie, that is a great picture with you & the boys. So sweet! I love that you experiment with additions in our teas. We have a customer that mixes this Almond tea with our Coconut Cream Pie to make an Almond Joy tea. I’ve been meaning to test that out. That’s very kind of you to say! You are such a sweet person. :) Happy Holidays!

Bonnie

Same to you Stacy! I’d love to mix those two but it has rooibos (bean family allergy) and you know how that doesn’t mix with me… but the chocolate chips did taste good so yum!

Butiki Teas

Oh right, the rooibos allergy. Mmmm, chocolate chips. That sounds yummy.

Terri HarpLady

I love the pic!

Comments

Indigobloom

ohhhh MY! Look at those dimples! Sighs. Sil I like the way you think! :P

Bonnie

Butiki Teas

Oh right, the rooibos allergy. Mmmm, chocolate chips. That sounds yummy.

Terri HarpLady