My ‘tea‘ recipes are not complicated. In fact, they are almost too easy.

Years of rushing home from work to hungry people taught me to whip up a meal from scratch in no time flat. Long before there was a movement to eat seasonally, or buy from local farms, I figured out that this was an economical way to feed my family. Boxed, packaged foods cost too much for a single mom.

Now that I’m on my own, I still adhere to a simple, fresh way of eating…and I can whip up a meal that tastes great without costing much time or money.

Now and then, I like to make whole wheat pancakes. I make enough for the week and stack them with foil between the layers inside a bag to make them easy to separate and reheat. They can be used for breakfast, with cheese for lunch or filled like a crepe for dinner and rolled over.

I made pancakes with this tea and have more info and a picture on my blog www.teaandincense.com

Indigobloom

now I’m craving pancakes!! mmmm

CHAroma

I wish I possessed your talents, Bonnie. It takes me forever to cook anything and I always make such a mess. LOL! I’ve only cooked with tea once as a result.

tigress_al

Great idea Bonnie, pancakes infused with tea, strawberry would be a good flavour as well!
I also do this, make pancakes from scratch and freeze them. Then pop in the toaster in the morning. I will have to infuse with tea next time!

Invader Zim

I haven’t really cooked with tea other than to use it as a substitute for broth when making barley or rice. Come make tea-infused foods and teach me Bonnie!
I also agree that it’s cheaper to buy fruits and veggies than prepackaged stuff. It may seem like its more expensive, but the veggies can be made in several meals whereas packaged stuff is usually only good for one meal.

Bonnie

My mom didn’t teach me how to cook and my poor kids were guinea pigs for the creative recipes I concocted. They’ve forgiven me. I’m a good cook now. Old age. My granddaughter just asked me to teach her which is nice.

Butiki Teas

Yums! That sounds like such a good idea to add Tangerine Creamsicle to pancakes!

Comments

Indigobloom

now I’m craving pancakes!! mmmm